Monday, July 20, 2015

Don't quit your day dream...


Happy Monday! We made it through another weekend and now I'm all rested up and ready for the work week to begin! A huge weight feels like it's been lifted off my chest; I'm almost officially done with my final manuscript! I have a few more things to type out but other than that I'm in the home stretch as they call it. There were times when I seriously questioned what I was doing and how I got myself into this mess. Lol! I had a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights over this book but I know now what I'm capable of so that's cool. This journey of mine has probably been by biggest challenge of my life thus far.... I'm really looking forward to the next six months where I get to be involved in the editing process and more of the creative side of writing the book. 


In other news, the Mister and I fixed up the house a tad more this weekend. He was outside working on the benches for our new Farm table and I was cleaning, framing and hanging artwork. I was supposed to be painting the guest room but didn't even get to taping off the walls.... 
It feels like every time I turn around there is something that needs to be fixed or could be improved on, but I guess that's just life right?!


It's been crazy humid and hot in Austin lately. It's almost unbearable for me. Both our cars are having ac issues which is really a pain in the ass to deal with. We just got our ac unit fixed on our home because it went out last week and now it's on to fixing our cars ac now... ugh! More money out the window... lol!
On a side note... can we talk about my ghetto fabulous accessories? I love this fatty chain I bought from Forever 21 awhile back. I never really get to wear it all that much but think it may make more of an appearance this Fall and Winter. Also, you can't go wrong with a head wrap or a hair scarf to complete the look. Ha!


I was super excited when I found this hounds tooth dress at the thrift store and bought it right away but it was a small and I couldn't fit into it at the time... now that I can actually wear it I'm not quite sure if I like it all that much. Ha ha! It's a drop waist which isn't all that flattering of a cut if you ask me but I was just so thrilled that I could actually wear it. It's now in my "donation" pile which is currently in the trunk of my car just waiting for me to drive it to Buffalo Exchange. 



Besides fixing up our house and writing a book, I've been "working out" over time. I really want to push myself to be in the best shape that I can be. I've even started lifting weights.... which is really challenging but I like they way it makes me feel. I can barely lift more than 5 lbs repeatedly but eventually my body will adapt and I'll get stronger and be able to lift more... that's the beauty of the human body, give it change and it will adapt.


Our front yard garden has been taking off nicely. Our "Pride of Barbadoes" is blooming, which is my favorite Summertime flower! It's so bright and colorful, it makes me happy everytime I see it. 




Our Palm has also been blooming. It's the first time we've ever seen it boom which is pretty neat. All the buttterflies and dragonflies are swirling around our yard.... it's a pretty cool site to see if you can stand the heat. 


In the meanwhile, I'm gonna stay in the shade....


I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! 

xoxo

Dress: Forever 21 (thrifted)
Chain: Forever 21
Scarf: Hobby Lobby
Shoes: Target