Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A trip to the Blanton

This last Sunday the Mister and I decided to take a trip to The Blanton Art Museum. It was way over due.... we have lived in Austin for over 4 years now and have never been. It was amazing! I really wanted to go to see the new exhibition called "lifelike". It was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. Here are some photo's that I snapped while no one was looking. I couldn't use my flash so excuse the blurriness. 


One of my all time favorite artists Chuck Close. This is his self portrait.


I know my friend Anna (whom majored in Mid Evil Art History) would kill me but I have to admit I love modern art. 



Look, I match!





Bones and pennies..... hmmmmm.


This photo of Matt makes me think about the bit in the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day off" when they all go to The Chicago Art Institute and Cameron stands fixated on the little girl in  Georges Seurat's A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.



Andy Warhol


This little Donkey made us laugh. He is painted in a serious Renaissance scene but appears as though he's photo bombing it. 



I loved this room set up in "lifelike". It's straight from the 70's and awesomely enough I matched perfectly.


This is what I really came to see. The mini sized elevator doors that actually work.


To give you an example of how small they really are here I am. 

If you are local or are in the area...I highly recommend seeing this exhibition. It's quite fun. I enjoyed watching the Mister look at all the art and we had fun together exploring the museum. The gift shop was awesome as well.

xoxo



Peacoats & Plaid