Monday, July 1, 2013

Where I rest my head....

Hello lovies! I wanted to take a break from my usual daily wears posts to take some time to share with you our home. The Mister and I have been working very hard to make this place our own. We moved to East Austin a little over 3 years ago and have been making improvements throughout those years. Whether it's painting the walls or building a screened in porch we have slowly transformed out little humble abode to a really cozy, comfy place to live. It's the perfect house for entertaining (which we do often) and a nice size for just me and the husbear and our little pooch Lucy. We never wanted a house that was too much for us to handle so two bedrooms and two and a half bath was just right. 


Excuse the brown grass.... it's Texas and we are on a stage II water restriction. We've been in a drought for quite sometime now. I can't even remember the last time we were in stage I.  Besides the brown lawn the neighborhood that The Mister and I chose to live in is a little green community in East Austin called Agave.
It's a community that strives to be self sustainable. We were so lucky to find this neighborhood through a mutual friend of ours. It was truly a dream come true for us ..... and being married to an architect we could both appreciate the Modern design. 


Here's a view of our front porch and the newly finished screened in porch designed and built by The Husbear. He is such a handy man!


I love our Modern numbers. It's the little things ya know?


We are big plant people....and it's really important that we have native Texas plants that can thrive and survive with very little water. This guy is your typical agave plant.


The Mister as has collected some beautiful weathered wood for our zero-scape.


Here is some local Cacti that we planted in the front yard.


More natural driftwood.


A very silly cactus that I love so much!


What Texas front yard wouldn't be complete without bones?


The lovely addition my the Husbear.


It's coming along very well... wouldn't you agree?


A little Aloe and Palm tree.


Up there is where we sleep.


Our side door that we mainly use to access our home. The Mister had bought some very clever heart ornaments in honor of our name which is actually spelled H-a-r-t.


Winged heart on our back gate.


A view from our backyard.


The Studio designed and built by my Mister. He is so talented.


Our crazy Banana Plant that we have had for years.... since Ohio even.


Lastly, a lovely blue bench that Matt and I scored off the side of the road. It is the perfect addition to our Studio porch. So that's just a little glimpse into our humble abode. Hope you all enjoyed it. If you have any questions at all please feel free to leave a comment.

xoxo