Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Instagram lately....


Sorry, I've been MIA lately. I'm super busy trying to make my little crochet business become a reality. I want this to be a full time job for me and I know I can make it happen with a lot of hard work and dedication. I have two shows that I'm getting ready for and am proud to say that my line was picked up by yet another really awesome boutique called A Town. That's not all..... I'm planning on reaching out to even more boutiques soon. I'm a woman on a mission with a dream. Here's a little sneak peek at what I've been working on. 


In late August I have a new kind of show that I'm participating in. It seems like a show that I will do well at..... but you never know. My fingers are crossed! It's called There be Monsters Con. I'm making a lot more Amigurumi toys for this show including my cyclops guy that should be pretty popular with the crowd. 


I'm also very lucky to be a vendor in Austin Craft Riot's Summer show this year! I'm so excited about it and am really nervous. I've been crocheting my butt off trying to get a good amount of heads ready. I seriously hope I have enough!


I'm also taking the time to make some fun little sweet treats as well. Cupcakes are always a good seller at shows.


I've been working more like an assembly line now rather than doing one head at a time. I think it's faster and seems to be more productive. 


I've made a bunch of my hair bows as well. These little felt guys are pretty popular.... they were featured in a book a few years back called "The Hat Shop". It was a great experience.


I have some very cute and clever DIY's stored up that I can't wait to share with everyone. 
This is one of them.

Austin wouldn't be complete without Matthew McConaughey graffiti.


Right now I live for the weekends. My schedule at work has changed and I now work mid shift from 11-8pm. I absolutely hate it! The only joy that I get besides crocheting is coming home after work to Lucy, Matt and the chickens and sitting out on the back porch with Matt talking about how our day went. I miss all that now and it really takes a toll on me. The weekends are our time to relax and hangout together and catch up on our sleep.... that is if Lucy let's us.


I recently went to The Steeping Room with my bestie Mandy of Nestled in Nostalgia. It was delicious and can't wait to take Matt back there. 



These are our two cute new cactus's. I love how bright and happy they are. Matt planted them on the "green roof" of the chicken coop. They look awesome!



The Mister and I had the pleasure of hanging out with one of his good old friends from back home in Ohio. We all had a great time and enjoyed some very awesome bloody Mary's at The Shady Grove.



Lastly, here are the babies Penelope and Betty. They have grown so much in the last few months..... it's hard to believe that they were once little chicks that loved to be held. They are super crazy, funny chickens. Penelope especially. I love to watch them play around in the yard. I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful life and home here in Austin with my handsome lumberjack of a husband and our cute little baby pup Lucy and these two feathery friends. I can't wait to post more about the upcoming shows. Hope everyone is having a fabulous hump day.

Follow me on Instagram@nothingbutapigeon.

xoxo