Thursday, July 11, 2013

A trip to Wimberley

Can the 4th of July holiday just last all month long? I love the decorations and the festivities of Independence Day so much I just want it to linger a little while longer. The Mister and I took a day trip to Wimberley, Texas to check out Jacob's Hole which is literally a really deep swimming hole. We actually dawdled around too long and never made it to see the hole but did have time to look around some local shops and drink some refreshing Margarita's and beer. Just what was needed for a hot July day. The little town was decked out with red, white and blue decor as far as the eye could see. Garland everywhere...... it was so pretty. I couldn't resist capturing the moment for everyone to see. 


I always love visiting Wimberly. It's about an hour drive from Austin with beautiful scenery all along the way. We went through Hill Country and got to see a bunch of cute little antique Ma and Pa stores. 


It was a glorious day.


I love all the old fashioned decorations. Very patriotic eh?


I love this dress I got from Dots! Yup, that's right....dot's has some cute clothes sometimes. 


Now to relax and drink some adult beverages along the river.


Best Margarita I have had in a very long time.


That was our Sunday in Wimberley. I really didn't have much of a weekend as I had to work Saturday. I have been worn out lately from doing so much that we wanted to have a nice calm and relaxing Sunday before the work week started. What has everyone else been up to recently? 

xoxo