Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Crushing on Alex Winter.....excellent!


You may recognize Alex Winter from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" or the vampire from 
"The Lost Boy's".... but what most people don't know about Alex is that he is also a director and producer. I got the pleasure of watching one of  Alex's movies that he not only starred in but directed with his buddy Tim Stern called "Freaked". I've seen him in "Freaked" before when I was younger and appreciated it's dark humor and goriness but never knew who Alex Winter was by name and that he was the creator and co-producer. Oh sure I had a huge crush on him when I was little from watching "Bill and Ted's" and "The Lost Boy's"....but now I had a whole other reason the crush on him. Not only is he still adorable but very talented and an all around nice guy. So I was looking for some fun things for me and the Mister to do in Austin and got onto The Alamo Draft House website to see if there were anything cool to do and lo and behold I saw that Alex Winter was going to be at The Draft house for a Q & A for his movie "Freaked"! Oh joy! I bought two tickets and thought of nothing but meeting Alex for the next few days. When the 2nd of July finally  arrived I spruced myself up and drove on down to The Ritz with the Mister to watch "Freaked".... I ordered myself some fried pickles (that's the only way to go) and a Sangria. It was balls hot out that day and I was in a Sangria state of mind. I'm normally not a fruity kinda gal. We got there a little early so we got to see a few clips from back in the day called "Idiot Box" when Alex was on MTV. There are pretty clever.... check it out.

How adorable right? 
Here's the trailer for "Freaked". With a random cast with such actors as Mr.T, Randy Quaid, Bobcat Goldthwait, Brooke Shields, Keanu Reeves (whom never was credited) and many many more talented people. To see the full cast click here.


So the movie ended and the lights came up and it was Q & A time. There were a lot of good questions about the effects and makeup that I didn't know about as well as the some funny stories about The Butt Hole Surfers. I was squirming in my seat because I really wanted a picture of Alex and I together. I know I'm lame but I am completely star struck! I don't normally care about too many movie stars but for some reason I actually do care....maybe it's because he is more REAL that other stars, or maybe it's because he is a down to earth kinda guy that brought his son with him.... I don't know. Basically I got too nervous to ask for a picture and took off super fast. I am kicking myself now for being so shy.... what's the worst thing that could have happened? I would have looked like a total dork but I'm kinda used to that by now. Gah! The Mister was down and was totally prepared and willing to play along. FML. Never again will I get the opportunity to meet my star crush Alex Winter..... sigh. Such is life.

Now I live you with some images from the movie "Freaked"






xoxo