Thursday, September 1, 2011

the sweet shop

I wanted to start blogging more about my life and what projects I've been working at work and at home. 
I don't know how many people know this besides my close friends but I'm really into crochet. I mean really, really into it. I started crocheting about 3 years ago when Matt (my husband) and I moved to Austin. It was something that I always wanted to do but never actually sat down and made myself learn.
I bought a basic beginners book that was a kit that included and crochet hook, yarn, instructions for 5 different projects and stitch markers. Everything I needed to get started. It was frustrating at first but with time I learned from every mistake I made. Once you dive in you just kinda have to learn as you go. So eventually I started to learn the pattern lingo and was able to by other books and move onto more patterns. The second book I bought was a book of Amigurumi by Ana Paula. I was now obsessed with making little plush toys! 




Little Ice cream cones


Another view


This was the book that started it all

I used to just make plush toys for myself and as gifts for my friends, then I started selling them to a local boutique. Now I'm making my own patterns and modifying and adding onto other patterns. I know have an Etsy store. Come and visit it at

Enjoy more pictures from the sweet shop


Little sweet cakes


cherries on top




Honey Bun


I hope you have enjoyed my photo's. There will be more to come in future blogs. Also don't forget to leave me comments and follow me on Bloglovin'.
Stop by my store nothing but a pigeon.