Monday, November 10, 2014

Instagram lately...


Happy Monday kittens!! Well I've been a very busy little bee over here in Austin, Texas. I've been crocheting up a storm and have pictures to prove it. A lot of my Instagram feed has been about my little ol' business lately... tis the season. I've been busting my butt to get my crochet taxi heads "out there" and I have to say I think I'm doing a pretty swell job. It's been very rewarding indeed. I wanted to switch things up a bit by taking a break from daily wear fashion and post about what's been going on in my life.


The Husbear went out of town to visit his family in October. With him he brought "Franklin's Barbecue" for a dear friend who's always wanted to try it. I didn't get to try any brisket .... but I hear it's the best of the best BBQ you can find in Texas. 


Meanwhile... while the Mister was out of town I caught up on some of my favorite "guilty pleasure" shows and curled up with the fur babies and a nice glass of Malbec. Of course I had to crochet while I was watching TV.


Keeping my stores re-stocked has been hella hard on me. Not only am I filling orders on Etsy but also nine stores around Austin, Dallas and the Houston area. I had one of the biggest orders ever on Etsy to fill and am also trying to get stocked up for three Christmas shows... one of which is in just two weeks! Eeeeeeep!


After I filled my HUGE Etsy order and shipped it out and got paid I treated myself to a new hair do at The Salon. I've always wanted to try the Ombre' look... I think it suits me well don't you? It's a bit "edger" than my normal look but that's why I like it. I feel like I've finally grown a backbone over the last year and I'm a whole new woman.... stronger, tougher. Lookout Austin!!!


I also indulged in a vintage dress from my girl Hannah of The Braided Bandit. As soon as I saw this sweet little dusty pink dress on her Instagram feed I knew it had to be mine! I'm a big believer in supporting small businesses and I just adore Hannah's vintage finds!


The weather is finally cooling down and the days are getting shorter... we've been enjoying very fine sunsets around this part of town. Sigh.... I'm just so glad it finally feels like Fall here.


Stocking up on the very popular "Longhorns" that I make. 
These guys sell really fast!!!


There was even a new design that I had time to make... a little sheep that I created as a gift for Meredith of One Sheepish Girl. I just adore her work and hope that someday I too will be able to publish my very own crochet book. Maybe in the near future.... wink wink.


The Mister and I have been really great recently... you know when everything just seems perfect... like that kind of great. Life has brought us closer together as a couple and we are enjoying every single minute of it.


We've seriously got a mini Jungle growing in our backyard. I can't even count how many Banana Plant's we have.... and two of them are sprouting little baby bananas! It's super weird and cool to see them grow. They don't taste good so we don't harvest them or eat them but it's cool non the less. They remind me of Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors".


People go nuts over Unicorns! I can never make enough of these guys...


Deer are pretty high up there on the list as well. I think anything with horns or antlers are popular. I think these Deer would make a cute addition to any baby nursery with a woodland theme.


Oh and tusks.....


I haven't made any Giant Squid in forever on account of the fact that they take a billion years to construct... I did however force myself to make two for this season. Get em while the gettin is good!


I still find some time to spruce myself up for some outfit pics with the Mister. I love dressing up but working from home kinda makes it a little pointless especially when nobody sees you. So on the weekends when I'm not staining plaques or rolling around in yarn I throw on some lipstick and a dress and run a brush though my hair. 


My crochet taxi heads have taken over our kitchen... this is just the tip of the iceburg as they say. You should see other corners of our home! Yikes!


Our baby chicks are all grown up and have started to lay eggs. We are delighted to get about five eggs on a daily basis now. I love our feathered friends!


More taxi heads waiting their turn to be "mounted"... a very daunting process indeed.


Last but not least my favorite guys to make are the adorable baby Hippo's! I just get a kick out of them... they are my favorite to crochet besides the Jellyfish. 

That about wraps it up for October and the beggining of November. In other news... I was super stoked to have my worked featured on their Instagram feed, the lovely couple Bobby Hicks and Keiko Lynn. I'm always taken back how humble and nice people are and how willing other bloggers and people are to help support small business and fellow crafters. It's always a rush to see your work adored by people that you yourself look up to. The Mister and I were also delighted to see some old friends this past weekend that came into town to stay the night with us. We all sat around the fire pit in the backyard and talked about old times and new times... it was great! Now back to work for me. 

xoxo

Follow me on Instagram @NothingButAPigeon