Monday, November 3, 2014

Under the Milkyway...



Is it Monday already?!? This weekend flew by super fast over here in my little world. The Mister and I had a whole long list of chores and home improvements that we both needed to work on... but it seems like they all took longer than expected and that we barely accomplished any of them. We did get to cross some things off of our "to do list" though... but there are plenty of other projects just waiting to be finished. Whew! Sometimes it seems like it's never ending but I guess that's just life in general...


I have been getting a lot of crocheting done and I'm pretty excited about that. Then there is the daunting task of mounting them all which is a pain in the ass... but not as big of a pain as staining the plaques. That's the worst. I can't complain though... I'm thrilled to be working for myself and love what I'm doing and the fact that I get to be super creative everyday. I mean... I crochet and watch Netflix and Hulu all day... it doesn't get much better than that right?! I've pretty much seen almost every new release on Netflix and am having fun re-watching old favorites. There are just some movies that you never get sick of. 


It's funny... I've never watched "Donnie Darko" before until the other day. I mean I've seen bits and pieces of it but never watched it all the way through... I can see why it's a cult classic. I love Jake Gyllenhaal and Jena Malone and all the other big time stars that make special appearances throughout the flick. I especially love the song "Under the Milky Way" by The Church. I went ahead and downloaded it off i-tunes and have been playing it over and over again. I'll probably get sick of it eventually and move on to something else soon but I'm enjoying it for right now.

 


This is an old dress of mine which I like very much but never seem to wear. I've had the Mister take pictures of me in it before but I just never liked the way they've turned out... I recently scored these black booties at my favorite local thrift store and purchased this everyday black cardigan from Target that goes with anything and everything and guess what? I finally found the look that I was going for. I added a chunky gold chain necklace and bracelet and my favorite round sunnies and was ready to go!


I love when I find things that go great together... now I know that this is a look that I can quickly "go to" when I'm in a hurry or am feeling rushed to get ready. It's pretty simple and looks "pulled together" nicely. It also helps when I am planning outfits to wear for shows as well. I'm getting ready to head out of town to Houston for about five days with some dear friends to participate in a show called Pop Shop Houston and I need some pretty dresses that I can move in and that will keep me cool when I get all flustered and hot. Of course I won't be wearing these booties... I have some comfy flats that I usually wear during shows but I always like to look my best. Cardigans are great because you can always take off layers when you start to get warm and usually by the end of the day my hair will get pulled up and worn in a little top knot. 


Speaking of hair... I know I've said this before but I'm just still super excited about my new Ombre' hair do! It must be because it's been so long since I've had a new look. I've literally been dying my hair the same red color from a box for the past five years (which I love the color... don't get me wrong) I just love this new edgy look. It's like a new me in a sense. My style has definitely changed since I first started this blog back in 2010. It's almost embarrassing the way I used to dress. It was cute but I didn't start developing my own sense of what I liked or what really felt like me until recently. I don't know... maybe that's just they way I perceive it. I feel way more mature and refined now than I did in past outfit posts... I also feel more confident which is a big deal for me.


Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween weekend and are recovering from having loads of fun. I'd love to hear about how everyone else's style has changed over the years... comments are always welcome!

xoxo

Dress: So La
Cardigan: Target
Booties: Thifted
Chain & bracelet: Target
Sunnies: Target