Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The dog days of summer...


 

Hey there! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I'm back with a new outfit post this time. I've been trying new things lately, like this skirt for example... I'm usually too self conscious to wear something this clingy and tight but I'm trying to expand my wardrobe horizon and live life on the edge so to speak. 



I bought it on a whim while I was at Old Navy one day. It was cheap and I felt like it could be 
"do-able. If it didn't work out then I didn't pay that much for it anyway... so why not?! Turns out I love it and I actually feel good in it. It's half me "not caring" what people think so much anymore and the other half was me getting back into shape physically. 


This tank crop top I purchased at Forever 21 about a month ago and I have worn the shit out of it like everyday since. It's my "go to" tank now. It's nice because it goes with everything and I don't really care if my black bra straps peek out from underneath it. 


It was seriously beyond hot when I was taking these images. I ended up doing half indoors and half outdoors. It's almost impossible to do anything and stay looking cute in this Austin heat. It's supposed to get up to 104 today and that's without the humidity index!



At least our Pride of Barbados is looking good. It exploded this Summer and is more beautiful than ever! It's my favorite Summer blooms that we have in our front yard.


So here we are in our screened in porch. So technically I'm still outside but at least the shades are pulled down so the sun wasn't beating down on me. The Mister and I have spent a lot of time and effort to make our porch look amazing. Come Fall, it will be cool enough to hangout on and sip some wine and relax. Hurry up Fall!!!



This week is packed full of plans! I've been a very social butterfly lately which is not like me at all, but I'm trying to meet new people and develop new relationships which is a good thing. I want to surround myself with "good people" that actually care about my well being and that are positive influences on me. I want to be around people that have goals and want to achieve them and be the best they can be. I really do believe that positivity is contagious. 


I feel like I've met a good group of gal pals recently that are very outgoing and are very goal oriented. I'm really excited to see how our relationships blossom. I'm very much a shy type of person and am pushing myself out of my comfort zone on a daily basis. I need to be more out going and independent... at least that's one of my "grown up goals" for this year. Sometimes it's hard because I'm very guarded but I'll get there. Baby steps....


In other news I've dusted off the ol' sewing machine and have successfully hemmed a pair of jeans and am working my way through a pile of clothing that needs to be "taken in". I'm still really confused on how to take in old jeans that are too big on me. I have about five pairs that are too big on me but are so nice and such good quality that I hate to see them go to waste. I've tried selling my clothes before at Buffalo Exchange and Plato's Closet but never really make enough money back. It's kinda not worth the effort to me. I'd much rather "master" my sewing machine and be able to fix them and wear them again. Well see, that's another one of my small goals.


That's about all that's going on in my little corner of the Internet. I have more fun recipe posts coming up and hopefully things will start to cool off here in Austin. Till then kittens....

xoxo

Skirt: Old Navy
Tank: Forever 21
Hat: Forever 21
Shoes: Target
Sunnies: Target