Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lacy afternoon

This was a lovely afternoon on the farm with Mandy. I had changed out of my purple frock and into this lacy little number and pulled my hair back because it was so hot. I was expecting to be able to freshen up my hair and makeup before the next shoot but Mandy told me to hop up on the swing. I was terrified that it was going to come crashing down and I would land ass first in the grass. It took me awhile to get up the nerve to get on it. I tried one foot first while Mandy held the ropes.....then I tried it myself cause I was afraid I would flip and kick her. Time went by and I could tell Mandy was starting to get impatient. So I finally just worked up the courage and told her to get the camera ready and ran right over and grabbed onto the ropes and pulled myself up both feet at once. Nothing happened. I was still alive.



It was hard to pose while keeping my balance on the swing while looking graceful. You can see the tension in some of the pictures. I started to loosen up towards the end but I neglected to suck in my tummy because I was concentrating so hard on keeping my balance. Oops.

I started to get into it a little bit more..... swinging and laughing....hoping to Christ the swing wouldn't break. It never did, I survived. All was well and we got some cute pictures. Note to self: invest in spanx.


Dress: I'm embarrassed to say but it's from West Seal
Boots: Thrifted