Monday, September 16, 2013

Traditional Tuesday..... yea I know it's Monday.

 I've always been attracted to "Traditional Tattoo's" and have been playing with the idea of getting more. Something meaningful of course. I've had a lot of recent changes in my life lately and feel the need to get something permanent to remind myself of all the trials and tribulations I and my family have faced and what better way to do it than a tattoo. Like scars, tattoo's are my way of holding on, digesting and remembering the significant things that have happened throughout my life. Taryn 
(my sister) and I share the same tattoo both on separate forearms. They are silhouettes of birds flying in the distance. I think we decided to get them because there were a few years in our lives when we were completely separate from each other.... not because we wanted to be but because we were at different places in our own lives and were doing our "own things". We didn't talk much and there were hurt feelings but there is a silver lining to this story.... we decided that we were never going to be apart from each other or lose touch no matter how "physically" far life takes us both. I don't want to say too much about what happened, or why it happened and what hurtful things that we said to one another.... in the end it doesn't matter because we are sister's and will always love each other no matter what happens. Wow, this post is getting more "deep" than I thought it was going to be. My point is.... is that we all get tattoo's that mean something to us for various reasons and I'm at a stage in my life right now were I feel that I am ready to get a new piece because I'm facing certain things right now that are going to drastically effect the person whom I was, am and are going to become. Do I sound like a broken record? Sigh...... let's just take a moment to admire these beautiful works of body art.














Does anyone have any inspirational tattoo stories to tell? When I come up with the idea and design I make give everyone a sneak peak. My husband won't be very happy about it though.... he doesn't like tattoo's on me. We will have to wait and see and save the $.

xoxo
Peacoats & Plaid