Friday, January 9, 2015

Dark Paradise...


Happy Friday kittens! I'm super excited about this outfit post... I've been searching high and low for the perfect fitting faux leather skirt and finally found one online and promptly purchased it. I usually don't buy online (because I can't try it on right away) but I'm getting to understand my body better these days and have a better idea of what flatters my figure. I found this little gem, along with this felt hat at Forever 21. I usually find great, cheap accessories there so I was "all about" this hat. I also purchased a tee-shirt (soon to be seen) and a black head wrap and some black heart shaped sunnies. They all look amazing and I can't wait to show them off.

 

I also am really keen on this top that I found at my favorite local thrift store. It's the perf color for Fall/Winter and even has a little surprise in the back! It's awesome because I can still wear a regular bra and don't have to fuss with anything. It's the little things in life guys..... I just love these types of thrift store finds!


I'm taking these images on my own in the early hours of the morn. It's so embarrassing taking your own images with a tripod... people cruise by in their cars and slow down to see what's going on and here you are dressed up and no where to go. On this particular day there was an extra creepy creeper that actually stopped his car and hung his head out of the window to "cat call". I ran inside and locked the doors. He literally stayed out there for like 10 minutes. I swear.... some guys have no shame. He probably marked my address down in his little black book as his next murder victim. Is it me... or am I the only person who has an irrational fear of getting murdered? Maybe I watch too many crime shows but I swear... whenever I go on a jog all by my lonesome or walk into a dark parking garage by myself  I'm on edge. I'm just waiting for some dude to pop out and throw me over his shoulder and kidnap me. I'm so jumpy and paranoid.... it's actually quite ridiculous. 


Okay... moving along to the next topic. We had a serious temperature drop in Austin this week and I'm starting to remember what it's like to be back in Ohio. It's utterly unbearable. This is about the time of the year, in the dead of Winter when I start to get "cabin fever" and get all depressed and anxious. I'm glad we at least get some sun here in Austin, even if it is in the teens. I was freezing by butt off in these images... the things you do for the love of fashion. Sheesh! I'm finally getting over that horrible flu bug that was going around, although I still can't get rid of this cough. I may have to suck it up and go to the Doctors to get some antibiotics. 


There's that tripod reflection. I really hate that. In other news.... I've been working out and restricting my caloric intake like a Mo! It's so hard not to eat as much and I pretty much go to bed hungry like every single night. I drink a shit ton of water and have to pee every half hour and that's not fun either. At least I know I'm doing something good for myself and am pretty proud of myself that I've managed to stay in control most of the time. Last weekend The Mister and I let ourselves have a treat and went out and bought ice cream. I was pretty happy with myself that I just ate a "drumstick" instead of a whole pint of rocky road like I normally would. I'm making small changes and I feel a lot better mentally and physically. I can't wait for Spring to come along and The Mister and I can take a mini vacation to the beach and show off our newly toned bods. 


I'm so proud of the Mister.... he's been working out in the morning before he goes to work and I can really see a difference and feel the difference in his waist when I give him a hug. Ha ha.... there's less to grab ahold of now. He's dropped over 20lbs now and is still at it. Sometimes I get so frustrated because he looses more weight than I do like super fast. Me on the other hand have to work twice as hard and bust my ass to loose just 1 pound. Oh well.... the woes of a short girl.


Loving the "exposed zipper" on my skirt and the "key hole" in the back of my blouse. I'm just full of surprises these days.


That about wraps it up for me over here in my little corner of the world. This weekend should be swell. I've gotta get a vanity at Ikea with the Mister. Eeeeep! I'm super excited about that... I've always wanted a vanity to sit at and gaze at myself in the mirror. Ha! My BFF Anna is also going to be in town to paint her new house that her and her Mister bought in Georgetown.... which is only a hop, skip and a jump away from Austin. She will be painting all day and then heading over to my casa for dinner and a movie... followed by a sleep over. I guess I can let the "cat out of the bag" since she has already announced it via FB. I'm super excited that her and the Mister are expecting a little bundle of joy! She's still in her first trimester but I'm really thrilled that she will be living close to me once again and I can see her grow and change throughout her pregnancy. Can I just say that I'm also stoked to learn that she has a pool at her new home!?! I know where I'll be chillin' this Summer. Lastly, we have an injured chicken on our hands. Molly got her claw caught in between two boards on our deck and split her nail which later fell off. I had to take her to the vet and spent a mini fortune to have her cleaned up and bandaged. She is now on antibiotic and pain medicine but is doing just fine. I have to say, she is the most well behaved chicken I've ever encountered. She lets us pick her up and put her in a carrier and take her around and shove medicine down her gullet without any problem. She is a doll and I love my little chicky babies. Later lovies!

xoxo

Skirt: Forever 21
Shirt: Thrifted
Sunnies: Target
Hat: Forever 21
Knee Socks: Target
Shoes: Target