Monday, January 26, 2015

That's so dope...


Happy Monday kittens! I'm obsessed with this new outfit combo I put together here. I discovered it looked good the other day and can't wait to mix it up with other colored tops and tights! I was pretty pleased with myself as you can see....


We had a gloomy and wet week but the sun has finally come out and I'm so happy. I really hate gloomy weather and live for the sun... seriously. All is well in the Hart household. The Mister and I visited some long lost friends this weekend. I say long lost friends because we haven't seen them in nearly 9 months or so. A lot has happened since then and it was great to catch up. They have the most adorable baby girl Lily Rose that we got to meet and hold most of the night. She was such a sweet and very easy going little nugget of love. 


It's a new work week and I'm all ready and raring to go! I have a whole list of things that I need to accomplish this week but it's all good because quite honestly work for me doesn't even feel like work. I love that I get to stay home with the puppies and crochet all day. I'm so blessed that my Husband is able to let me have that choice. I'm also thrilled that I get to devote my morning to working out and actually being able to take some time for me is very important. I can't say that I love working out or jogging but I love the way I feel afterwards and I love seeing the results. I've come along way since last year...


I cannot wait for Spring and Summer to come... I'm getting very excited planning all the little trips and adventures that The Mister and I are going to have. I'm dreaming about Port Aransas in the Summer...  laying out on the beach with the puppies and soaking up the sun. We always have so much fun when we go out there. I also want to start hiking more again and really want to try out paddle boarding. I also hope to make it out to Wimberley and Fredericksburg this year as well.


My little crochet business is doing well. I'm continuing to get orders on Etsy even after the New Year (which is usually the slow period) but I'm staying busy filling orders and keeping my stores all stocked. I'm also trying to work on my book proposal on the side when I'm not busy. It's so hard to write about yourself and try to sell yourself and your vision but I'm hoping this will help me develop and grow as a person. It's scary but I suppose everything is a little frightening if you've never done it before. 



I'm obsessed with this matte lipstick that I purchased last Summer. I forgot all about it and then re-discovered it again. It's Wet & Wild and is the most awesome shade of orange. I know, I know.... 
Wet & Wild you say..... but I love that it's highly pigmented and the price is right and the big seller is that they are cruelty free. That's very important to me. I'm also all about NYX as well.... I love their matte finish lipstick too. I'm so much more into makeup than I used to be... I wish I had discovered how to apply it back in the day... better late than never I suppose.


Let's talk about these awesome little sailor shorts that I found last Summer at Wet Seal. I simpley adore them... they were cheap and stretchy and the cool thing about them is I can also wear them as bathing suit trunks. How cute would that be with a little bikini top. They fit way better than they did last Summer and I'm so exited to wear this "little get up"in the Summer (without the tights of course). 


I don't get to play dress up all that much anymore because I work from home now and normally just wear jeans and a tee but still love to have fun experimenting on the weekends. Speaking of weekends.... I totally forgot to mention that I also got to hang out with my Sister and Brother in law on Saturday night. It was so much fun... I always have fun with them and their adorable kids Ben and Max. I just love my little Nephews and now they are st the most fun ages where we can have silly conversations with them. We ended up cooking out and watching "Guardians of the Galaxy" together.... which I hadn't seen before. It was really cute.


It was a great weekend indeed. Here's to a pleasant work week and hopefully it will pass rather quickly so that we can all look forward to Friday! 

xoxo

Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Wet Seal
Tights: Target
Hat: Mod Cloth
Shoes: Macy's 
Lipstick: Wet & Wild