Monday, January 19, 2015

One less problem...


Happy Monday kittens! I'm keeping this blog post rather short today.... as I have a ton on my mind lately. This is kinda of an older photo shoot I did a few weeks back and never got around to publishing it till now. I love this shirt that I purchased from Forever 21. It pretty much sums up how I feel about life right now in general... I've been super stressed out and emotional these last few days and haven't really been able to really "keep it together". 


I have some more recent health issue that have popped up. To be honest, I'm just completely sick of being sick. I felt like I was finally at a point in my life where I was feeling good and had no real concerns with my physical health.... in fact the last year I've devoted a lot of my time to getting back into shape physically and mentally. I hate being the victim and never try to act helpless or ever ask "why me?" because that's just a waste of time but I literally feel like I've been defeated. I get up just to get knocked down again and again and I'm getting really tired of it.  


I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" ... so I'll say nothing more of that subject. In other news, I've been crazy busy with doing research and writing a book proposal and even a marketing plan 
(which is pretty stressful). I don't even know where to begin some days.... I also have a bunch of orders on Etsy right now. Whew! 


Molly (our chicken) is getting better and literally had to learn to walk again. She is still hobbling around but I'm sure she'll get it right soon. For those of you that don't know... our chicken Molly got her claw caught in between two boards on our deck and snapped her little claw off. Well, they removed her claw at the vet and now she is left with a little stump and her claw will never come back. She's a little off balance right now... it's kinda cute. I've never spent so much on a chicken before! I can't believe how much the vet charged us to remove and clean her up. I also had to take her back on three separate occasions to have them check it out and re-wrap it each time. We also had to give her pain meds and antibiotics (which is pretty hard to give a chicken).


Then this morning I got up to get ready for a very important doctors appointment and feed the dogs and was sitting them on the couch (checking my e-mail) and went to give Lucy a kiss because she looked so cute and she bit my nose... like really hard. I'm literally on edge and can't handle to most simple of tasks or situations right now so after she bit me I ran upstairs and cried. 


In happier news I got to hang out with some old friends I haven't seen in almost a year last night. My really cool buddies Pip and Supana had us over for Dinner and to meet their adorable new daughter Saya. I say new because I've never seen her or met her before... she is about 8 months old and is literally one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. She has the most gorgeous jet black full head of hair! It's long.... like you can put her hair in little piggy tails already and she's only 8 months old. She is just a doll and it was so good to catch up with them. 


I plan on keeping things low key throughout this work week and into the weekend. I've gotta try to manage my stress as best as I can by jogging and eating right. I don't want any seizures to start creepin' in on me again. I've got a lot on my plate right now and need to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize.


Hope all you kittens had a wonderful weekend. I'll be crocheting my little heart away while I watch some Hulu and Netflix. Weeeee!

xoxo

Shirt: Forever 21
Cardi: Target
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Hat: Amazon