Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Good Hippie


My good friend Bri of The Good Hippie has the most amazing handmade skin care line that is vegan and all natural. Bri is even launching a line of products specifically for children called 
The Little Hippie. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Bri and her amazing family over the last few years and have also traveled and participated in many shows together. Not only is Bri my dear friend but I am truly obsessed with her beautiful products.  


If you're like me and tend to have "problem skin".... which is a nice way of saying you have the occasional blemish, than clarity is the line that would most likely be for you. I'm all about Bri's toner... I literally use it every night after I wash my face and right before I go to bed. It's so clean and refreshing, it leaves your skin super clean without stripping your face of all your oils. Which is great because you don't want to have really dry, flakey skin. 


I keep my little scrub bottle in the shower. I use it after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser. It's great to exfoliate and the ground up herbs smell soooo good!


Remember how fun it was when you were a teenager and used to give you and your girlfriends facials during sleepovers? Every time I apply a facial mask I transform back into a fourteen year old girl. I put on my mask, make some hot tea and grab a "trash magazine" to read as I paint my fingernails. Just sayin'. I love to wear my mask while I'm indulging in my favorite guilty pleasure..... like watching a TV show that the Mister would never want me to watch. Ha ha! 


 I keep the cleansing grains in the shower too. At first it's kinda weird to use a product that doesn't have a lather.... but you get used to it.  I just love the cleansing grains. Speaking about love.... I'm really falling hard for Bri's beautiful packaging. Nobody wants to have plastic bottles laying around the bathroom. I keep mine out on full display. I also love the fact that they are hand painted and you can keep the bottles and re-purpose them. Bri does everything by hand with tender love and care.


It's Sophie approved! Just look at her gorgeous packaging! You can buy these products individually or buy the whole skincare line and it comes shipped to you like this.


I also wanted to add a little something about the peace spray.... I've been using it for over 2 years now and absolutely love it! I use it just before I go to bed every night.....it's literally on my nightstand. I spray a few puffs over my head and face and even my pillow. It's so calming and soothing, it really helps me un-wind from a hectic day. It's become my bedtime ritual.

I don't advertise or promote products that I truly don't believe in. I don't like to use anything that is 
unnatural or that is tested on animals. I also would rather pay a little bit more for a product that I know is hand made (rather than a factory) and have that money go directly into the pocket of the maker themselves. I can't stress enough how important it is to support the makers and crafters of the world. Being a small business owner myself I know how important it is to support local vendors, helping  create a strong sense of community as well as stimulating economic growth.

See The Good Hippie's list of other links below...




xoxo