Monday, February 9, 2015

All about that Bass....


Hello there kitty cats! Happy Monday! This is sort of an older post that I've been meaning to share. I'm wearing a borrowed dress from Hannah of The Braided Bandit. I didn't expect it to be so fluffy but fell in love with it's fullness right away. This is one of those really fun dresses to wear. 


It was rather chilly when I shot these images so I decided to pair the sleeveless dress with a black blazer by LC from Kohl's. This blazer is a major key piece in my wardrobe... I think every one should at least have a black blazer in their closet to pull out in case of a fashion emergency. It's really a great "go to" item that I've worn over and over again these last few years. 


I bought this nifty little head wrap from Forever 21 online about a month ago and it was just in time for the cold weather. I just love these head wraps... they are too cute. I used to shy away from accessories such as these because I never thought or exactly knew how to "pull it off"... but I think I'm doing an okay job. I just love trying new things and taking on more fashion risks. Some people don't consider this head wrap a fashion risk but in the past I did.... now I'm changing the way I think and the way I accessorize.


I'm also trying new things with makeup... can you tell I'm wearing teal eye liner? I normally wouldn't do this everyday but it matched Hannah's dress pretty darn well and I thought... why not? Ha!


In other news... I've been a busy little bee with crochet work. I had a few orders to fill last week and got a crazy huge shipment of wooden plaques in that I need to un-wrap and stain. The worst part is peeling off the all the stickers. As silly as that sounds, it really takes a lot of time and it wrecks my nails. Booooo! I guess it's a small price to pay for having my "dream job". It really is the best... I get to stay at home with my two puppies and crochet all day as I watch Netflix and Hulu. I also get to make my own hours and can devote all the time I want to working out and getting into the best shape ever. I couldn't ask for more.... this last year has been the best year of my life. I've really learned so much about not only myself but how to run a business and manage my own money. I also am so blessed to have made some major accomplishments as well, in my personal life and in my career. 


As you all may know... I'm slowly trying to turn my bloggy into more of a lifestyle crafting blog rather than a fashion based blog. I still love to play dress up and will always forever be "expressing myself" through fashion but I want to touch more on my little crochet business, gardening, recipes and our family adventures traveling around in Texas. That's really what I set out to achieve when I first launched my blog in 2010 but since then my life has taken different twists and turns but now I'm back to blogging on broader topics. You'll still see me dress up though.... I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. The weather here in Austin was amazing!!! 

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Hannah of The Braided Bandit.
Blazer: Lauren Conrad at Kohl's
Shoes: Target
Head wrap: Forever 21