Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Color me playful....


Hey there kitty cats! It's Hump Day and boy am I excited that it's getting closer to the weekend. I don't really have anything special planned per say but I always enjoy more time hanging out with my man. This week has been pretty crappy (weather wise).... can you tell? I'm trying to stay upbeat and positive but sometimes the cold rain makes it so hard. I'm that type of gal that needs to get out and play in the sun. Le sigh......


Let's talk about this super colorful vintage dress I'm wearing... you like? It was the most awkward length when I purchased it from a thrift store and has literally been sitting in my closet for years just waiting to be altered. I finally broke down and bought a new sewing machine a few months ago and this was one of the first things I altered. It's a wee bit on the short side but I have some left over fabric that I could add on to the bottom. I like my skirts and dresses short because I myself am short and also because my legs are one of my best assets.... if you got it, flaunt it. 


 I think I'm taking a cue from my gal pal  Marisa of The Shades of Monet Chronicles.... she is always bright and colorful. It was actually chilly enough for me to break out my colored tights... which I have a huge collection of in my sock drawer. I'm pretty sure Marisa probably has a huge collection as well. Lol.


The sunnies were just an afterthought. I suppose they really don't go with the whole "feel" of this outfit but then again... I wasn't trying to be too "matchy matchy". 


This darling little cake brooch I bought from "Squirrel with Hammer" while I was at a show in Houston this Christmas. It was just too cute to pass up.... my sister Taryn got one as well. 


Does anyone have any awesome Valentine's Day plans? I think the Mister and I are just going to spend a cozy night in together... maybe we will make a nice dinner and watch a movie or something. We love being at home with our puppies and cuddling on the couch rather than going out to a crowded restaurant and spending money. Hope everyone is having a great work week... I know I am.

xoxo

Dress: Thrifted
Tights: Target
Shoes: Target
Sunnies: Urban Outfitters
Brooch: Squirrel with Hammer