Tuesday, February 17, 2015

cre`me dela cre`me


Well, it's a new week and I'm back at home... ready to get some work done. The Mister and I went camping at Mustang Island in Port Aransas, Texas this weekend. It's been awhile since we really "roughed it" like we did this time around. I have to admit... I was pretty miserable both nights. The mosquito's were in full effect and we literally had swarms of them following us around wherever we went. We could not escape them. We even made an emergency stop at CVS to get some deep woods fogger and body spray as well as candles but we still got eaten alive. 


We did have one beautiful day at the beach though... it was perfect weather. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. We ended up packing it all up early the last day and staying at a cheap hotel that we really like in Port A... and I'm glad we did because that night a cold front came through and it rained on our way back home. It was nice being with just one dog (Lucy) during the trip. It reminded me of 
"the good ol' days" when it was just the three of us... pre Sophie. My BFF Christopher watched our youngest and wildest pup while we were away. The Mister and I didn't think she'd be able to handle camping. Turns out... none of us could handle it. Ha!


So this is a fun little cream blouse that I bought awhile ago from Target. I wasn't sure how I was going to wear it... so I improvised and came up with this simple and classy ensemble last minute. I'm not going to be able to wear these faux leather leggings for much longer so I need to get all the use out of them as I can before it starts getting warm here in Spring. I love these leggings but they sound so horrible like old school windbreaker pants. It's so embarrassing!




I've got a lot on my schedule for this Spring.... I'm hoping to apply to some new Craft Shows here soon. Keep you fingers crossed for me! Eeeeeep. I've also been crazy busy trying to finish up my book proposal and will hopefully be meeting with some Editors/Publishing Companies in the next week. I'm super nervous! 


In other news... the Mister and I have some home improvements that we hope to get accomplished this before or during Springs such as; painting the house and putting in a little walk way from the back of our porch to the Studio. We'll see, it's just a matter of money and time.


We also hope to get our Spring Garden started here soon as well. We really scaled back on our garden over the years just because it was such an effort to maintain it and water it. It's literally half the size that it was when we first moved here but that's fine by me. I mean... we do have two dogs, 5 chickens and not to mention a small business that I (we) are trying to keep up on. So, we are kinda busy elsewhere in our lives now. I do love fresh herbs in the Summer though.... that's my favorite. 



I almost forgot... I also have a Birthday coming up at the end of February. I'm going to be the young age of 34! I can't even believe it. I really don't feel 34... not that being 34 is a bad thing. I just don't feel like a "typical" 34 year old should I suppose.... maybe it's because I don't have kids and don't have that whole other level of responsibility perhaps. I do feel like I've grown and matured a ton in this past year. In fact, I feel more like a real adult than I ever have in my life. Probably due to some life changing decisions that I have made as well as learning to "not care as much" and just accept myself as I am. 


I don't plan on doing much for my Birthday... I really only believe in celebrating the major milestones so 35 will be a big one for me as well as 40. I plan on hanging out with a few close friends and maybe having a drink and then turning in early. I'm such a party animal. Lol! 


Hope everyone had a happy and fun Valentine's or Galentine's Day. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. Later kittens!

xoxo

Blouse: Target
Leggings: Old Navy
Shoes: Thrifted 
Sunnies: Target
Earrings: Target
Lipstick: Revlon "Love that Red"