Thursday, February 19, 2015

Marshmallow pattern!!


Howdy! I have a very fun, quick and easy crochet pattern for you all to try out. I must admit... these Marshmallow's are pretty darn cute and make great gifts. Why, they are even easy enough that  beginners can join in the fun!


What you'll need....

Yarn: White medium weight yarn. I use "I love that yarn".
Doll eyes: You can purchase these at most craft stores. I bought mine from Hobby Lobby.
Floss: Any craft store carries floss... you can find it in the embroidery section. 
Hook: 4.0mm. 
Scissors: For obvious reasons.
Darning needle: (not shown) This is also in the embroidery section of craft stores.
Polyfill: (not shown) Usually sold in the fabric section of craft stores. I use "Morning Glory".

Okay! Now you are all set!


Step 1: Chain 2. 
Step 2: 6sc into 2nd chain from the hook. Pull loose tail string tight to close up the hole. 
We are working in what's called "the magic circle".
It should look like this above.... 


Row 1: *2 sc in every sc*. = 12sc.
Row 2: *1sc in 1st sc, 2sc in 2nd sc* repeat around. =18sc.
It should look like this above...


Through back loops only!
Row 3: 1sc all around (through back loops only) = 18sc.
This will shape your little Marshmallow!



Row 4-7: 1sc in every sc all around. = 18sc.
Now you are starting to see the shape of your little Marshmallow. This is also the point where you place the eye's in and stitch a "V" shape for the mouth.


(Through back loops only) 
Row 8: *1sc in 1st sc, dec in the next* repeat around. = 12sc.
Row 9: *1sc in 1st sc, dec in the next* repeat around. = 6sc.

Now it's time to stuff your little Marshmallow full of polyfill!



It's time to close this cute little Marshmallow up! 
Row 10: Dec in every sc closing up the Marshmallow. Sl st in the very last sc and pull yarn through.. leaving a little tail to weave into the bottom. 


Voila! You are all finished! 


I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I have. I would love to see images of any finished projects. Also, please e-mail me any corrections or errors that you encounter. I crochet these the day before and then wrote/typed the pattern out by memory the next day (not as I was crocheting them). Ha ha!

Enjoy!

xoxo