Monday, July 6, 2015

Land of the free, Home of the babes....


Hope everyone had a marvelous 4th of July weekend! I know I did. I was a little "social butterfly" this weekend, which is not like myself. Normally I like staying indoors and watch a movie while cuddling on the couch with the Mister and our fur babies but instead I was making plans and meeting new people and having new adventures.....
 

I recently formed a new friendship with a crafty lady friend that I have known and have run into over the course of the last two years but since then have made more of an effort to get to know her and am delighted that we have a lot in common and get on really well. The Mister and I spent the good portion of Friday with her and her fella enjoying Krause Springs and some delicious BBQ. It was a really great day and I'm so glad they invited us to join them. 



After that we headed on over to our neighbors house to mingle and have a few drinks and set off some fireworks. It was a good time full of delicious food, some good ol' adult beverages and roman candles. They have the best parties with super nice friends that I enjoy getting to know more and more each time I see them. 


For the 4th we headed out to Georgetown to have a cookout with my BFF Anna and her Husbear Tellis. They are two weeks away from becoming parents so we are trying to squeeze in as much "adult time" as we can before the baby arrives. It was a good excuse to eat yummy food and hang out with some close friends and fireworks are always fun to see. 



On Sunday we spent the whole day working on the house, fixing little things and cleaning what needed to be cleaned that I have been putting off. The Mister continued to work on our Farm Table which looks amazing and I can't wait till it's completed and all finished so I can host a Dinner party and actually be able to seat six people around the table. It will be a nice, intimate gathering with just close friends of course but I'm excited non the less. 



My work with the book is still underway, I'm just about finished with all the patterns and then need to move along to the table of contents, resources and introduction. It makes me nervous every time I think about the deadline but I just gotta keep my head down, work non stop and make sure it's my first priority. That's about all that's going on in this girls life. I can't wait to see everyone's 4th of July posts!

xoxo

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Target
Wedges: Target
Necklace: Benu

bre pea.