Thursday, July 2, 2015

Party in the U.S.A.


Hey kitty cat's! I can't believe it's July already and almost the 4th at that... where did June go? In honor of our Country's Independence Day I'm wearing this fun little red, white and blue get up. How patriotic of me right... just doing my part. I've never been so proud to be an American as I have been these past few weeks. I got the pleasure of seeing a lot of my dear friends celebrate equal rights and become united with their partners and have it recognized by law. Yay for love!! 


I haven't been taking many outfit posts lately, I really haven't been doing much at all besides working on my book and exercising and eating right. I make sure I devote a good hour or more to myself in the mornings to go jogging or workout to Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I swear by that video!!! I love jogging and listening to my music while I enjoy nature much more but I've gotta "mix it up" and stay toned with the 30 Day Shred. I'm also taking on The 21 day Arm Challenge that I found on Pop Sugar. I'm starting with 5lb weights and working up from there. I'm totally going to aemsure my arms before and after and document my progress just for curiousity. My arms have always been a "problem area" for me and I want to see what I can do to improve on them... 



Get ready to see a lot of stripes and red lippy stick in the next few upcoming posts. I'm obsessed with black and white stripes these days and my closet is full of pieces that I've picked up here and there. I'm pretty much in love the French Riviera nautical vibe that Coco Chanel made so popular. Here's a really interesting article I found on the history of stripes in fashion.



In other news, I'm super excited that my Sister and her Husbear along with two of our very dear and close family friends will be venturing to Austin, Texas late September to visit me and the Mister! We've been working on fixing up the house and have spent a little bit too much at Ikea and World Market trying to upgrade our interior. I want to make our home welcoming and inviting for all of them which includes painting and re-vamping our guest bedroom and screened in porch along with a few touch ups elsewhere around the house... 


We spend most of our time at home (we never go out) and don't mind working to make it a lovely place that we and our guest's can all enjoy. Matt is building a Farm Table for our Dining room. I specifically  requested that we have a table that seats six people so that we can entertain more. I love Dinner parties, they are so intimate. I've already sold our previous four person table that we first purchased when we moved to Austin. There were a lot of good memories attached to it, but it's time to make new memories and now we can actually have Thanksgiving and Christmas diner at our home. I look forward to cooking good food and drinking good drinks and sharing stories over our new table...




This weekend for the 4th of July the Mister and I are going to spend time with our dear friends that live in Georgetown, a town that is super adorable. There will be a cookout and some fireworks to follow. It may be the last time we can actually "hang out" with them before their little bundle of joy arrives. Awhile back I posted a little mini Maturnity photo session with my friends Anna and Tellis. Well, the clock has been ticking down and Anna's due date is right around the corner. 



It still blows my mind that my BFF is pregnant and about to have a child. The other night I was Facebook stalking people and was looking at all the people I used to go to High School and College with and almost all of them are parents now with at least one or two children! It's so weird the thought of getting older and starting families and becoming parents. I still feel like I just now in the last few years have figured out what I want to do with my life and have just recently learned what actually makes me happy. Sheesh! I'm excited for them though... I can't wait to meet little baby Evelyn and hold her and see her grow and change and to also see my friend become a Mother. It brings a little tear to my eye...



That's about all that's been going on over here in my little corner of the world. Hope everyone has a fun and safe fourth of July weekend. I look forward to seeing all the awesome posts about what everyone did, ate and wore. 

xoxo

Shorts: Wet Seal
Tank: Target
Cardigan: Thrifted
Bandana: Hobby Lobby
Wedges: Target