Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle...


Oh hey there! It's mid week and I'm feelin' the heat. No seriously, I'm feeling the heat because our a/c went out!! It couldn't be better timing either; the dead of Summer. Not only that but both our cars a/c units went out about the same time as well. Sheesh, what next?! I'm trying to remain cool as a cucumber though... I have way too much on my mind and too much to do these next two weeks to stress now. 


Let's switch gears and talk about this lovely outfit and our amazing banana plants!! I love our backyard garden in the Summer, it's like a tropical paradise. Our banana plants are all over our backyard and we actually do get banana's... although they don't taste too good. It's really neat to see them grow though. This is the oldest skirt ever that I got at my ol' favorite thrift store. I managed to hang onto it all these years and now it fits better than ever! I've been really into black and white lately but thought with it being July and all I'd mix in a little pop of red. 


It is crazy hot here in Austin and the humidity has been at an all time high! I've never felt this kind of weather before, to me it feels like the hottest Summer I've experienced so far since moving here. The Mister says that last year was technically hotter but the humidity is what's making it feel like ten times worse. It's hard trying to look cute while your makeup is literally melting off your face!




I love this new headband that I bought from "Little Minnow" at The Renegade this Spring and these white rimmed glasses from Forever 21 are pretty fun too. I just love playing with accessories.


In other news, I've been working out overtime to try to get more into shape. I want to push myself a little harder and was even thinking about lifting weights. I mean, I lift weights when I'm doing my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video but have also been doing the 21 day arm challenge and really like the results I'm seeing already! I may set a new type of fitness goal for myself as a challenge and see if I can crush it! Ha ha!


So hopefully we can get someone out to fix our ac and everything will be peachy keen.
Hope every ones work week is going good. I've actually been way more productive than usual and I'm really surprising myself. Ha ha!

xoxo

Skirt: Thrifted
Tank: Target
Shoes: Target
Headband: Little Minnow
Sunnies: Forever 21