Monday, July 27, 2015

Cruel, hot Summer....


Is it Monday already?! It feels like this Summer is flying by right before my very eyes... 
We're at the tail end of July and it's about to be August soon... whew! If you haven't noticed I took a wee break from the Blogosphere.... it's nice to unplug every now and then and just enjoy life. Not only have I been enjoying life, I've also been working with the Mister on "fixin' up" our place. We just finished painting our guest bedroom "Saw grass", a very cool and calm grey color. It looks amazing and it wasn't all that bad because we did it together while listening to a mix that I made. It was actually kinda fun and I typically hate painting....


I wasn't sure if I wanted to post these images or not. I don't typically wear closes like this or haven't since I've lost the weight but they were there and I was like... "okay, why not?" I used to wear fit and flare skirts all the time to conceal or hide my tummy but now I'm more into form fitting clothes and actually don't feel all that self conscious in them either. I was also sweating buckets during this photo session and I think you can kinda see that I was all hot and flustered....


It's gonna be a "hot one" this week! There were even temperature warnings to take extra per cautions because of the humidity etc... It's almost unbearable to go running in this heat, I try to get up and go as early as I can but it's still just too hot. Not only that but there is like zero shade where I like to go running. It's times like these when I wish I could afford a gym membership or had a treadmill. Us broke people have to go outside and use old school workout video's.... which I'm totally not opposed to. I have some tried and true videos that are my favorites to use in a pinch. 


On top of all that the Mister and I have been doing the "21 Day Arm Challenge" by "Pop Sugar" and it's only week two and I've already lost 1/2 an inch on my arms! Matt gained 1/2 an inch... which was his goal and I wanted to get my arms more trim. It's so easy and I can't believe how fast we saw the results! The gals in my family tend to carry their weight in their upper bodies so I've always have been self conscious of them but now that I know how easy it is to keep them fit I'm gonna take it to a whole other level. I'm going to continue the challenge and use heavier weights and increase my reps. I'm really excited to see what they'll look like a month from now! 


In other news my BFF just gave birth to her little girl Eveyln Louis Hall last week and I got to meet her and hold her for the first time this last weekend. It seriously blew my mind!! She was pretty much amazing and perfect in every way and I can't believe my friend did such a great job delivering her! What a brave and strong gal my friend is... I'm so proud of her new little family!


This week I'm making some little but BIG goals for myself. I'm going to focus more on my book and finishing it up and sending it off to the Publishing Co. On top of that I want to knock out some plaques and stain a huge batch, which isn't going to be fun in this heat but it's got to be done! I'm going to pay more attention to my eating habits and implement the "no drinking rule" again for myself. I've been way lax on it recently and I've started to get into old bad habits again (drinking during week nights) and I hate the way it makes me feel. I don't get good sleep and then I wake up all anxious about life and it's just not a good feeling to have. I don't need those extra calories anyway.... so back to restricting myself once more. It's cool, I need to put myself in check every now and again.


Onto another topic... my messy milkmaid braids! I've pretty much worn this style since I can remember and just love it. It's so easy to do and it's perfect for this type of weather. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it this way and it looks great dressed up or down. I'd like to experiment more with different types of braids but I need some practice...


I hope every ones weekend was amazing! 
I already can't wait for next weekend to come... Ha!

xoxo

Skirt: Forever 21 (thrifted)
Blouse: The Limited (thrifted)
Shoes: Target