Monday, June 4, 2012

The fruit of our Labor

Last time I posted about our garden she was still growing...... now we are actually getting a daily crop from her.  I am just amazed that she took off so fast! We have had some good rains this Spring so that helped out a lot. I get so much satisfaction by being able to walk outside and pick fresh vegetables to make for dinner. It's an amazing feeling being able to provide for yourselves and I'm lucky to have Matt that also enjoys "The fruit of our labor." I also love my herb garden. I'm obsessed with Caprese salad and Cucumber salad. It's so yummy and a good treat to eat when it's hot outside. My dill and basil are thriving right now. Here are the images that I have been capturing over the course of the last few weeks.
























We are getting ready to start canning and making our own salsa and pickles. I think this year we are going to try to pickle some beans as well. Also my basil is off the chain right now... it's tripled in size since this picture was taking. I'm really looking forward to fresh pesto. Oh and our sunflowers have seeds now and have attracted some Monk Parakeets. If you haven't heard of them or seen them they are quite special. 


XOXO