Friday, March 22, 2013

coffee anyone?

Every time I'm at a Thrift store I make sure I look in the "house ware" section. I'm always on the hunt for interesting dishes, cups, etc..... I scored a few vintage plates once which we use on a regular basis. I found some awesome examples of mugs that I would love to have in my collection. 

I'm loving this flowery set. It reminds me of some mugs that my parents used to own. The had some sort of flower design and owls on them. I miss those mugs. I think I remember seeing that Taryn (my sister) had them at one point. I'm just glad they are being utilized still.....
Nothing like a nice hot cup of hot chocolate on a cold, rainy day. 
These little Umbrella designs would cheer anyone up!


Wanty!


I love this color scheme and the floral design on the inside of the cup, making a happy little surprise.


Oh! These are so girly.... I just love them.


Large and graphic.


These kinda remind me of out dated mugs that an old hotel would have. I do like them though.


I love this 70's goodness!!!


I love the way these stack.

I think these are my absolute favorites! I would love to nab these and have The Mister make them into tea cup candles. That's right....my husband makes candles.


I swear I had a mug like this in collage.


An apple a day......

I'm really into this vintage vibe lately. I have some really cool posts coming up here that are all inspired buy the 50'and 60's.... some 70's but mostly Mid Century. I have a new blog series coming out called
 "Starlets and Harlots"..... I also have a bunch of posts about Mid Century design. I think you all will enjoy it. It's in part by the fact that The Mister and I are re decorating our home and we are going for the "retro" modern feel. There will be pictures to come....

xoxo