Friday, March 15, 2013

Oh Marcia...

Happy Friday everyone! I remember the good old days watching TV Land after school and catching The Brady Bunch. I was a HUGE fan of The Brady Bunch... never really took to The Partridge Family. I always loved Marcia Brady.... she was the best. She was the original "Bitch". She was always saying mean shit to Jan and was a total 


I loved when they showed episodes with the girls bedroom. I always wanted to catch a glimpse of that Pepto Bismol colored wall and the ruffly pillow tops. It was like getting a glimpse into the world of a young pre-teen girl, which I was not even close to being yet. I loved how she brushed her hair in front of her vanity.



98...99...100.


Ooh! My nose! 
Random fact: The Brady's sliding glass door never had glass in it.
Apparently it caused too many glare issues, so there was always just an empty sliding frame.



This is the best episode ever! Marcia gets nailed in the nose with a football!


The original Regina George.


Watch Marcia's style go from disco to rock & roller.


Poor jan... always getting mentally abused by Marcia.





Marcia: Hello Jenny, this is Marcia. I called about the slumber party I'm having tomorrow night.


Jenny: I can hardly wait.
Marcia: Well, it's only for my friends.
Jenny: Sure, I'm your friend Marcia.
Marcia: Not anymore. So considered yourself uninvited! [Marcia hangs up the phone]




"Something suddenly came up."


Marcia Brady was the President of the "Davy Jones Fan Club".


Bitch face.



No this is the Marcia Brady's style that I remember as a child.


 "From now on, I'm beautiful and noble; I'm Juliet!" - Marcia


"It's so beneficial for me to be away from those children in junior high and to be with people of my own mature growth. I'm looking forward to the intellectual stimulation. Nice meeting you boys. Bye."
-Marcia


Random fact:
Despite many scenes taking place in the bathroom, there was never a toilet on screen. Standards and Practices wouldn't allow it.


Interesting fact:

The only references to the boys' mother and the girls' father in the entire five-year run of the series occur briefly in the pilot (and first episode), "The Honeymoon." A single scene with Mike and Bobby suggests quite strongly that Mrs. Brady died, though neither character explicitly says so. A later scene with Mike and Carol only offers the vague suggestion of some previous trauma before Carol's marriage to Mike. She never refers directly to her former husband. To read the entire relevant dialogue from both scenes described above, visit the encyclopedia entries for Mrs. Brady and Mr. Martin. The characters' full names were never revealed.


Seriously, that's the title of this episode.


The Official Maureen McCormick Fan Club!


How come she always seems to look distraught in her pictures? Bulimia, drugs, abortions? Get all the juicy details about Maureen McCormicks's dark side here.

More cool shit here.