Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Penny Loafers!

I'm so obsessed with Penny Loafers right now. I really, really want a pair but can never find a decent pair at any local Thrift stores.... looks like I'm going to have to shell out the money and buy a brand new pair and break them in myself.


I just love how classic and timeless they are. My Mom used to wear them all the time.... her and Dad. My Mom said it was the style to wear them without socks. She claims that she would get dressed in the morning and wear loafers with knee socks on her walk to school and take them off as soon as she got to school.  I'm guessing she did it in part because my Grandma (her Mom) wouldn't have her going without them and or it was cold on the morning trek.
  

It's so funny how style repeats itself.  


Look at these Bettie's in saddle shoes and loafers.


I think it's so beautiful and romantic in a way when I see young ladies ridding in bikes in skirts. It's so feminine and the loafers give it an added prep school touch.


Yes, they really put pennies in them!


Anyone would give you a "double take" in this cute, fresh little outfit.

I must run out and get a pair before this Spring! I can't wait to wear them with little white socks and shorts. I think I'm going to bring the school girl prep look back into my wardrobe. These will be the perfect first addition to my collection!

xoxo