Monday, March 9, 2015

My cold black heart


It's Monday kittens! Hope everyone had a splendid weekend. I caught up on some much needed crocheting for the ol' business. I'm literally crocheting my little hands off in preparation for some very fun upcoming shows that I've applied to. Eeeeeep! 2015 is going to be a great year indeed. I have a little show with Austin Flea coming up at the end of this month and then SXSW is coming up soon as well... so I have to make sure all my stores are well stocked. I can't believe how many people come to Austin for films, and music! It's truly amazing! I myself try to avoid the downtown area during those two weeks at all cost. 


I'm really excited for this Spring! Not only because the weather will be getting better but I'll be traveling with some dear, crafty friends of mine to Dallas and to Arkansas for those delightful shows I was just talking about. I really want to push myself this year to achieve all my goals. I'm going to be "living outside my comfort zone" on a daily basis but if that's what I need to do to make my dreams come true than I intend to do it! 


I've also been trying to really push myself to get more into shape as well... which means slashing my caloric intake by about half and working out every single day. I've plateaued and need to make some adjustments in order to shed a few more pounds. It's really hard and I'm always hungry but I think I'm finally over the first week hump. I've been replacing snacking with water which is good. I have to say, I really don't enjoy eating or food anymore because I know I can't really indulge in anything but when I see the results I want it will all be worth it in the end. I remember this is how I felt when I first got on Weight Watchers... I was miserable the whole time but at least I was happy with my body. Don't get me wrong.... I'm not starving myself. I'm just not eating as much as I would like to. Ha! The things I miss the most are sushi, spaghetti and red wine.


In other news... I've been on Pinterest a lot lately. I love Pinterest but sometimes it's unhealthy for me to be on there all the time. I love it because it's so inspiring to see all the beautiful imagery but then I start comparing myself to other people's looks, style and lives, talent and that's bad. They say "Comparison is the thief of Joy" and I believe that to be true. There are so many different types of social media now with Pinterest, facebook, twitter, Instagram etc.... that it over flows and over stimulates us. It used to be that "back in the day" there was only one pretty girl in a village that you would compare yourself to... now there's thousands of images and pretty faces that we see everyday that it's almost unhealthy. Does that make sense? I try not to look at other people and compare my life to theirs for I am in a different place in life emotionally and financially than them. It's really that "age old lesson" that everyone... including me has to try to remember not to do. 


So, I must remember to love myself more and give myself some credit. I've accomplished a lot in the past year or so. I've grown so much as a person, business owner, wife, sister and friend and I have to remember all the steps that I've taken to get to where I am now. Loving myself has been the hardest lesson for me as well as self doubt and acceptance. It's something that I'm always going to struggle with but I've come a long way from where I was and I have to keep reminding myself of that. It's been a bitter sweet journey and it's not over yet. This year will be even better than last year! 


xoxo

Dress: Thrifted
Hat: Forever 21
Shoes: Target