Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring has Sprung...



Happy Monday kittens! I am sooo exhausted!! This weekend took so much out of me emotionally and physically that my body just shut down and I even had to cancel my booth at Austin Flea which disappointed me a lot! I never ever cancel shows... I do them even if I happen to get sick. I just couldn't this time and as a result I'm very upset with myself. However, if there is one thing that I learned about myself over these last few years is to listen to my body... so the only comfort I get from this whole experience is that I know that I was doing what was right for myself in the end. I just hope I didn't disappoint too many other people along the way. 


On a happier note... Spring has officially arrived in Austin and all the beautiful wildflowers are blooming all over the city! I love Spring time here... it's so magical. Everything comes alive and all the little birds start chirping and lizards come out to bathe in the sun. I too enjoy the warmth on my skin. This is the first time I've worn a tank top (bare armed) in a few years. I've haven't felt comfortable with myself for the past three to four years because of my weight gain but now than the pounds are coming off I actually am okay with it. I'm not at my goal weight yet but I see the end in sight and just have to keep on doing what I'm doing and have some patience. These things take time (if your doing it the right way and the healthy way). It's been a long journey and it's not over yet. I am certainly enjoying the rewards of all my hard work already though.... I can actually fit into a bunch of old clothes that I had kept (for sentimental reasons) from way back in the day. They are still a smidgen too tight on me but I can at least get into them and that is HUGE! All my medium sized cothes that I had bought are loose and I'm pretty sure I'm in between a size 6 and a size 4 jeans right now. That's kind of a BIG deal for me! Anyhow... enough about sizes. What's really important is that I'm finally happy with myself and am in control of my life and all the choices I make. I no longer feel "out of control" or have "shame spirals" like I used to. Every now and then when I feel like I'm vunerable or the world around me in crumbling I try my best to see the positive. It's something I'll always have to keep in check but at least now I know I have the power.


This is one of those photo shoots where I used a tripod and did it on my own. It was hella windy that day so the camera was all over the place... resulting in some really soft images. Oh well... you can't win them all. I'm so excited about my Ombre' hair do. I had recently got four inches cut off the bottom just to make it healthier and get rid of all the split ends... with that all my lovely blonde ends went bye bye so I thought it was time to re-fresh my Ombre' hair do which I have grown to love so well. So I splurged and love the end result... it's even blonder at the bottom than last time and I just love it! 


Speaking of love... I'm obsessed with this darling little skirt that I purchased at Kohls last weekend. It's from the Cinderella Collection (which I could care less about) but I love the subtle nod towards the early 90's grunge look that it reminded me of. The good news is I can wear it to all my shows and opt to wear a littlet ankle bootie instead and remain comfortable and cute at the same time. Did I mention it's a size Small?!? It's my first purchase that I've bought since I can actually fit into that size now! Granted it's got an elastic waist band but it makes me smile regardless.


Now that April is almost here I'm going to focus all my energy on staying fit and healthy and trying to loose those last few pounds as well as crocheting in preperation for three HUGE upcoming shows in May and possibly writing down some patterns for my upcoming book. I don't want any distractions.... these are my main goals and plan to stay focused and keep my eye on the prize... or prizes. Ha ha! 
Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring weather as much as I am.

xoxo

Skirt: Kohls (Cinderella Edition)
Tank: Target
Shoes: Target
Hat: Forever 21