Thursday, March 12, 2015

Shell Yeah!!


It's almost Friday y'all!! I'm so excited for this weekend for many reasons. The first is that this weekend we are actually supposed to have decent weather for a change! Yeah! We've been experiencing rainy, dreary conditions for the past week or more and it's really put me in a funk. The sun actually broke through the clouds for the first time today and I'm so happy! I need my vitamin D. Secondly, I get to spend some QT with my boo. Last weekend we had so much going on that we didn't really get to see each other at all except in passing by. Also, there is a new craft market that just opened up that a lot of my fellow crafters will be participating in and it just so happens to be at one of The Mister's and my favorite east side eateries.


It's called Ladybird Market hosted by Anne Marie Beard at the Cherrywood Cafe. I can't wait to eat some good food and check out all the awesome local artists. It should be a good time.  
Can we take some time to check out this awesome little shell patterned dress that I'm rockin'?


I bought it from Hannah of The Braided Bandit and haven't taken it off since. It's soooo comfortable that I literally wear it all the time. Good thing I work from home and nobody really sees me. Ha! I just love the dusty pink color and the fact that it's a baggy baby doll dress is the most exciting part. It's a little nod to the early 90's vibe. It was cold this day so I wore a slouchy hat and a black over sized cardi but I also love to wear it with my new favorite motorcycle style black boots and faux leather jacket. 
Oh yeah.... that's right! Since this mini photo session I lopped off a little more than 4 inches off my hair.... I really didn't want to but it was much needed. I hadn't trimmed my hair since I got the ombre' done last Summer. So off came 4 inches and I dyed it all one color again. I have a sneaky suspicion that the bottom will fade back into a lighter shade very quickly. My hair never holds any color for that long. If that happens I'll probably just fork over the money and get another ombre' since I was so happy with the first one. I do miss my long mermaid locks though.....



Speaking of Shells... Bae and I always collect shells whenever we are out and about in Port Aransas. Even if they are the not so glamorous ones like this one here, they are still beautiful to us. They are little memories/reminders of the time that we spent on the beach and it makes us happy to see them scattered around our yard and in our garden. We keep the extra special "pretty ones" and have them in our guest bedroom which is full of shells, arrowheads and fossils. Yup, that's how we roll.



So it was a "no brainer" when I saw this shell patterned baby doll dress in Hannah's Etsy shop. I'm all about buying from small businesses as well and supporting my fellow gal pals. If you're interested in seeing what's available in Hannah's Etsy shop hop on over to The Braided Bandit. She's got the most adorable two piece rompers right now!!


In other news my little diet/workout routine seems to be paying off! I've managed to loose 2 1/2 more lbs... which is a lot to me considering I'm such a shorty. I still have more to loose and will bust my butt to get to my goal. I want to be a hottie tottie this Summer and also I feel like I need to be back to where I was before I got sick three years ago. We shall see if anyone notice's the subtle changes in me. Ha ha!


I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. 
Enjoy the weather and get some much needed Sun!

xoxo

Knee socks: Target
Shoes: Target
Hat: Amazon
Sunnies: Target
Cardigan: Target