Monday, March 2, 2015

The little red Lady tie...


Happy Monday! Is it really Monday already....ugh. I didn't want this weekend to end. I celebrated my 34th Birthday with the Mister Saturday, we went to The Natural History Museum for a few hours (we hadn't been there in a few years) and then went to my new favorite Sushi restaurant Piranha Sushi downtown. Later we got our party on with some very fun friends up the street and unfortunately made the mistake of drinking on an empty stomach which led to feeling all sicky poo Sunday. I haven't done that in such a long time... I forgot how horrible it is to feel hung over. Icky!


Every time I drink too much I get mad at myself for not keeping myself "in check". It's all good though... I think after Saturday night it's going to be a looooong time before I take another sip again! It was fun to let loose just for one night though.... 


I finally got a chance to wear my little red "lady tie" made by the fabulous Christine of "flapper girl". I'm actually not quite sure if Christine is making these little gems anymore, so I'm super glad that I got a chance to buy one while I could. I've been eyeing them like forever and finally broke down and bought one... they are so worth it! They add that extra something to one's outfit. I went for a classic red color. I figured it would go with almost everything I own and I was right. 



I recently went to get my hair trimmed and shaped back up because it had literally been almost a year since I've dyed the ends and things were starting to look pretty gnarly at the bottom. So I go in to get a trim and the hair dresser (bless her heart) took off a little more than 4 inches. I was a tad bit shocked... thank Gawd I'm not one of those people that freak out easily about such things but damn! So my ombre' isn't as noticeable as it once was and my hair is just a tad longer than my shoulders when curled at the bottom. Shocker! So.... I'm still getting used to it. I also broke down and got bangs again. I've had bangs for years and every time I try to grow them out I end up just chopping them. 


I took these images when the weather was actually nice in Austin... now it's rainy and cold. I'm so ready for Spring and Summer to arrive. I feel like I've been cooped up in our little house all Winter! It could be worse I suppose... we could still be living in Ohio and be experiencing horrible blizzards right about now. I would not be able to handle that for sure, I've grown accustomed to the mild Texas Winters now. 


Well it's officially March 1st so Spring should be right around the corner for us... hopefully it won't be too wet. We do however need the rain here, we've been in a drought for about 7 or 8 years so I guess it would be a blessing to get our Lake levels back up to where they once were. It makes the Summer's more enjoyable too to have a decent watering hole to swim in. Texas has many hidden watering holes to jump into and I'm really looking forward to eventually visiting each and every one of them. My favorite chill spot is The Blue Hole in Georgetown. Now that my BFF and her Husbear have moved to Georgetown we have a great excuse to go there like all the time... it's the perfect spot to just float.


Whoosh!


As you can see I was getting quite the breeze blowing my little skirt up during this photo shoot. I couldn't help but smile and laugh. 


I hope everyone had a fun filled weekend as I did! I can't wait to break out these Spring and Summer clothes that I've been holding on to all Winter... I also can't wait to see all my favorite blogger friends Spring trends. Eeeeep! 

xoxo

Shirt: Target
Skirt: Forever 21
Socks: Target
Shoes: Target
Lady Tie: Flapper Girl