Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day dream achiever...


Is it Thursday already!? Where has this week gone? I've been typing up a little storm over here trying to get my final manuscript done by August 3rd and trying not to have a panic attack at the same time. Ha! Too late for that one.... I'm an anxious ball of nerves over here but luckily I have had a few breaks in my day and lunch with some of my good friends, which helps me to think and talk about other things instead of obsessing over the book. They know I'm stressing out BIG time! This is kind of a new look for me, or one that I typically wouldn't gravitate towards but thought I'd give it a try and see how it felt. I've always wanted to be one of those girls that could rock a Body Con dress but never, even at my thinnest was brave enough to wear one out in public. I've grown a lot since those days and maybe care a little less what people think more so now than when I was younger. I saw this dress at Target and thought it'd be super comfy for shows and I could not only dress it up but dress it down as well and wear it in the Summer and in the Winter with more layers and boots. So I went for it, and the shoes too! Ha! The shoes I just couldn't pass up. The literally go with everything and I love the lace up Gladiator look. So here I am, in a Body Con dress.


Le Husband and I decided to go out to Dinner Friday night and ended up spending a small fortune because we indulged a little too much, but it was fun. No regrets. We tried out a newer Austin restaurant called Odd Duck and then made our way back over to the Eastside Showroom and had a few cocktails. For some reason every single drink I ordered I didn't really like or enjoy so I kept giving them to the Husbear. I guess I should just stick with what I like best which is a Dirty Martini (filthy).


My glorious Gladiator sandals....


The weather has been the worst here in Austin, humid as ever! There's really no other option other than to wear my hair up and try to tame the fly aways. It's pretty miserable here right now with all the rain. I'm still not sure what's going on with my bangs... I was growing them out but then got them cut so that they would lay to the side but they still aren't "working" for me. 


In other news, we had the tiniest kitten take up residence under our backyard Studio. Our dogs were going crazy so we ended up having to trap her and take her into the local shelter. She was just an itty bitty thing and I felt bad doing it but there were really no other options. That's about all there is going on in my exciting life. Lol. This weekend I want to just relax and have a little QT with the Husbear, maybe if it doesn't rain we'll head to Barton Springs and chillax. 


Dress: Target
Shoes: Target
Purse: Target

Can you tell I shop at Target?