Monday, April 23, 2012

bathing beauties

We are taking a trip to the coast in a few weeks and with all the  excitement I have decided to blog about swimwear. I'm obsessed with vintage inspired cuts. I have a vintage swimsuit from the 50's that I managed to snag at Ohio Thrift a few years back. It looks great on but am not sure how it would hold up in sea water. I bought 2 more "vintage inspired" suits; they look great as well. My favorite is the cherry red ruched strapless with white polka dots..... I'm actually thinking about making my own vintage swim cap to go along with it. Or maybe just purchase a large white hat instead. Hmmmmmmmm, decisions. Here's some images that I found on various sites that inspired me. 


I'm going to try to make my own swim cap and wanted to put some flair on it..... you can never have too many flowers!


Found Glamorsurf.com..... it's an awesome site for buying vintage clothing and also has inspiring photographs too!




Don't forget your beach umbrella!
Marilyn makes it look fun.






                     Sandra Dee in "Beach Party" 



Gidget crushin' on Moondoggie



 Sandra Dee as the original Gidget.

Lastly remember to have fun and make sure to apply plenty os sunscreen. You will be seeing more to come on the vintage swim cap DIY. 

Let me know what you think.... comments are always welcome.

XOXO