Saturday, April 14, 2012

the secret garden

For the past few weeks I've had the worst cold that I have had since I can remember.... it has totally depleted all my energy and there for I haven't posted many daily looks. I can't even fathom dressing up and doing my hair.... so I've been posting about other subjects until I get my strength back. If nobody knew.... the Mister (Matt) has quite the green thumb. We have a fairly large backyard next to some undeveloped land which is really nice because we have a great view and a pretty cool space to have company over and grill out. We have so much space in fact that Matt has planted a nice sized garden for us. He started it when we first moved in over 3 years ago and has since then added more footage and has transformed the dirt into decent soil for planting.  Last year was a bust because we were in such a harsh drought that all our plants wilted and didn't produce anything.... no good crop last year. This year we have finally gotten some rain and the soil is amazing! Matt planted everything late February/March (we had such a mild winter this year) that now we are already starting to get a good crop. Take a look and see how hard my baby worked in order for us to have the most awesome garden ever!


A bloom from our summer squash.


Our Garden wouldn't be complete without hot peppers.


Lettuce.


See the baby green bean?


The full view.


Beets.


Garden Art.


Brussel sprouts.


Leeks


Tomatoes.


Mint.


These are the chairs that Matt worked so hard on to finish.


Backside of our house.


View from the Studio porch.


Our fence over looking vacant property from the studio porch.


Another view of Matts chairs from studio porch.

Well, I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our world and into our backyard garden. I'm sure you will be seeing more posts about our wonderful crop we will be harvesting this year! 

XOXO