Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lace DIY

Since I've been sick and getting over this cold.... I've had plenty of time to think about crafts and projects. I have a whole list to accomplish this summer and moved this one to the top of the list because it too awesome. I have one pair of shorts that I wear in the summer, the only pair that I have found that flatter me and actually feel comfortable. They were longer shorts that I made into cut offs. They are tattered/ torn worn out and loved. This summer I'm going to experiment with lace. A little whimsical surprise  peeking out from under your shorts.... added ruffles to an already delicate top. There are so many creative DIY projects featuring lace. Check out some of these great ideas.



Make any book on your shelf beautiful by wrapping it in lace, you can even take a bunch of vintage tattered books....stack them in a pile and tie a lace bow around them, place them on a desk for decoration.


Make these sweet little candle holders by dying lace... take a small ball/balloon, form the lace over and around the ball or balloon with glue (modge podge) let dry and Voila.


Take and old top and spruce it up by adding lace to sleeves and the bottom, add more length the bottom to create a little summer frock.


Take and old thrifted sweat shirt and add an exaggerated lace heart on the back. Cute and cuddly.



An old black tee? Make a new collar and add vintage buttons to create a Victorian feel.


Lastly, the super feminine lace shorts.
Stay tuned because I plan to post more about lace on my DIY page.
Tell me what you think. I would love to hear about other lace DIY ideas!



XOXO