Friday, August 16, 2013

2nd Annual Austin Craft Riot Show!!!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm soooo looking forward to this weekend. As some of you may know I've been working really hard for this upcoming show that I'm participating in. It's Austin Craft Riot's 2nd Annual Summer Show this Saturday and Sunday. My little hands are super sore and blistered from all the crocheting I've been doing in preparation. Everything is coming together nicely though. I have completed almost all my taxidermy animal heads and only have 3 more to mount and price out. Most of the heads are already packed up and ready to go. Here's some images I've documented along the way.
Many, many foxy parts. Usually I start a taxidermy head by first making the mouths/noses, ears and eye roundies first then I make the actual head and attach the parts at the end. It's easier and faster that way.

Fox's, raccoons and mice.

Mice heads in various colors.

Mid way into July I started lining up my completed heads in order to see how many plaques I needed and what shapes and sizes I would want. 

Not only did I make taxidermy crochet heads but I crocheted many many ice cream cones, cupcakes and tarts.

Oh and many macaroons as well!

Some of my cupcakes have whipped cream and strawberries as toppers and some have sprinkles. In Ohio they sprinkles are called Jimmy's.

I have also made a bunch of Amigurumi plushie's. I'm also involved in another upcoming show called 
Here There be Monsters. (More on that later)

I've played around and designed more Amigurumi Zombie's and Monster's for the show. I think they will be appropriate don't you?

I also sell a bunch of felt bows and headbands. I actually had my pattern published in a book over a year ago. It was pretty exciting. 

Many colors and various sizes.

Here's the pattern that was published in "The Hat Shop"

I bought and stained many many plaques. It was a very long process. Especially getting those damn price stickers off the backs of them. 

Here's a little sneak peek at the new displays the Mister has been working so hard on. They fold down for easy storage and transport. I have to say that The Husbear has helped me out with so much of this process. He truly supports me in my little ventures and I am so great full for him. In other exciting news for this upcoming weekend we are adopting a little dachshund from a rescue group. Her name is Sophie and she is the sweetest little pup. We get her Saturday night after we finish the show. I can't wait to cuddle her and love her and pepper her with kisses! That will be a whole other post once we get her. I will be taking many pictures this weekend and will be updating my bloggy frequently. I will also have a very fun giveaway! Hope everyone has awesome plans this weekend. 
xoxo
Peacoats & Plaid