Friday, August 9, 2013

ZoCalo.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so looking forward to this weekend at home with the Mister. I have missed him so much! Unfortunately he had to go home to Ohio last weekend because a very, very close family member passed. I don't what to say too much out of respect for his family but we are all grieving. It really makes you contemplate life. I myself have been doing a lot of soul searching lately. I've been thinking about my crochet business "Nothing but a Pigeon" and where it's going to take me in the future. I've been working so hard to make this little business work. It's my passion and love. As some of you may or may not know I'm having two big shows this August coming up here very soon. I'm really excited and nervous. I want so badly to do well. This sounds so corny but I'm saving up to get a puppy. Yup, that's right... a puppy. The Husbear and I have been going through a Dachshund rescue group for the past three weeks I would say and this Saturday we get an "in home visit". It's been a HUGE process. I'm seriously interested in a little chocolate female that is about two months old. Her name is Josie and she looks like such a doll. As soon as I saw her I knew I had to have her. I filled out an application then they called our vet to ask questions and check up on us to make sure we are responsible pet owners. I then received an interview call from a very nice girl named Rachel (whom is a fellow crafter as well). Voila! Here we are now waiting on our at home visit. Can't wait! I will keep everyone updated on our progress.
Now I know I haven't made any daily wear posts lately. Truth is not only is it super hot outside but I've been really busy crocheting. I love crocheting but I kinda can't wait till these shows are over so I can actually have time to myself and take a break. I really want to just spend a good portion of my day's at Barton Springs soaking up the sun and enjoying summer. It's flown by so fast already! Kids are already back to school and before we know it it will be September! I'm getting really excited about fall clothes. It's hard to think about them in a time like this when it's over 105 degrees out. Summer in Austin seems to last until October. 



I wore this outfit last weekend when Matt and I went out to eat. I bought this flowy top when I was out with my girls Mandy of Nestled in Nostalgia and Megan. I was on the fence about it at first but thought "what the heck" and purchased it anyhow. I'm glad I did because it's my new "go to" top. Check out how beautiful our flowers are on our front porch. Everything is in full bloom. I love our little garden, it's our pride and joy.


This belt is new too. I ended up having to purchase a new one because I have miss placed my old trusty. The bracelet is made by my good buddy Bri. Check out her very cute bloggy here. What can I say? I love my birdies.

Our beautiful Pride of Barbados.


Our lovely Pampas Grass.
  


The Mister and I decided to eat at ZoCalo... one of our favorite places. It's got a very laid back, chill atmosphere and great food. I love their out door patio but it was way too hot to sit outside this time. The indoor seating is just as quaint. I love their lighting and bright colored accents. 


Chips and salsa...big deal right? These are the best chips and salsa that I have ever had. No joke.


I seriously love these lights. I wonder where they got them from because I would love to have a few in our super modern home.


My lunch was delicious as always.


It's a must to drink plenty of water when it's summer in Austin. Stay hydrated my friends.
 Topo Chico is my jam. 
Hope everyone has awesome plans for this weekend. Bye lovies.