Thursday, August 15, 2013

simple lacy DIY hoops.

Hello there lovies! This is a very simple yet  beautiful lace DIY project that I came up with. I love lace accents and this is an easy way to add accents to your home. I found some very cheap lace curtains in various sizes and patterns at a local thrift store and also purchased some embroidery hoops in multiple sizes from a craft store as well. Embroidery hoops are very inexpensive so this whole DIY only cost me a few dollars! 
Here are all the materials that you will need. If you are a crafty Momma like myself that you will already have a hot glue gun and a pair of scissors. If you don't have a glue gun than I highly suggest you invest in one, I use mine for anything and everything.
Step 1: Plug in hot glue gun to heat up. Then cut out various sizes of lace to fit into your different size embroidery hoops. Leave about an inch of extra fabric to work with.
Step 2: Fit lace fabric into the hoops and tighten the thingy (I have no idea what it's called).
  
Step 3: After the fabric is stretched tight in the hoops cut the excess fabric leaving 1/2 an inch of lace remaining.
It should look something like this. It's better to have more fabric to work with then having less so be careful not to cut off too much.
Step 4: Take your glue gun and start to glue down the excess fabric to the inside of the hoop so it's tight and hidden.
The hoop should look like this from the front. Continue making each hoop the same way.
Voila! These are my finished hoops. They are perfect for hanging on the wall as an accent or use them to hang your jewelry and earrings on. I have mine displayed in our hallway. I hope you like this simple lace DIY. Let me know what you think.

xoxo