Monday, May 5, 2014

Bluebonnet's and Polka dots........

 Yes... I'm in yet another field of flowers again. I can't help it as they are everywhere! These pretty little flowers are bluebonnet's. They are the official State flower of Texas. These guys are all over the neighborhood right now.... which is pretty convenient for me because I don't have to venture too far away to get some awesome scenery for my pictures. Yay! This was right down the street from our home so it made for a quick and painless photo shoot. My good friend Lisa of feto soap came over this past Friday for a "girl's day". It was so much fun! I made brunch for us (breakfast tacos with black bean & mango salsa) and we drank Mimosa's while we painted our nails. Lisa brought over a ton of fun nail polishes full of beautiful mica's and glittery goodness. Check out her nail lacquers here. Lisa also helped me with some techniques that I didn't know about (she's a pro) and I promptly decided on yet another nautical theme. Ha! I'm obsessed with nautical everything right now! I chose a bright red for the base color and Lisa helped me with a little Anchor design... it's so darling! Lisa and I are also planning a very fun giveaway coming up here in May. Weeeeeeee! I'm getting more into "nail art" now that I know it's not so hard to do. 









Isn't the anchor adorable? Red lips and red nails.... classic.



Dress: Anthropologie
Hat: Vintage
Shoes: Target
Lipstick: Revlon (love that red)
Nails: by Lisa of feto soap


Peacoats & Plaid