Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cherry Pop!!


Hi there Lovies! I'm super excited about this post! Eeeeeep! I finally found the perfect skirt to wear with all my pretty tops that never get worn! I found this little black tulle skirt at Forever 21 for $6 dollars! Whoot whoot! The cut and fit is super flattering and it even shows off my favorite asset of mine.... my gams. Yay!


This last weekend has been a whirlwind! I have so many things on the table right now but it actually feels good. I'm a little scared about the amount of crochet work that I have to do but ya know what..... if it gets done good. If some it doesn't... then that's okay too. I have three events coming up in early June that I'm preparing for. I'm actually going to be participating in First Thursday with my friend Jodi of Art Genius once again. We had stopped for quite sometime but are kickin' it old school June 5th on South Congress... so if you're an Austinite come on out and join in the fun. I'll be selling my 
Faux Crochet Taxidermy and Jodi will be selling her Lego creations! 


The second event (that I hopefully get accepted to participate in) is Austin Flea. They have a super cool new location down on the new Boardwalk on Ladybird Lake that is opening up. It should be a great location and hopefully a permanent one. So if I get accepted I have to have some creations ready to go for that event too. Eeeeeep.... and that's June 7th. 


Then I got an e-mail from my old buddy Keith who owns a gallery down on Springdale in East Austin called Invenio. He was wondering if I'd be interested in showing some of my work in his gallery for an upcoming event. Um...... yes! So that's coming up on June 12th... which unfortunately I won't be able to attend in person as I'll be in Ohio shooting my dear friend Anna's wedding. Matt will be there in my place (what a sweetheart). I got to visit Keith and see his space and met the Son of a Sailor team and chatted it up with Jessica (the creator and owner). She gave me some really great advice.... she and her husband are so inspiring! The event should be a lot of fun. Here's the deets: Drinks will be provided by Deep Eddy Vodka and the El Cubico Taco Truck will be serving complimentary delicious bites from La Condesa. There will be a silent auction benefiting local non-profit LifeWorks, an Annie Ray Photo Booth, and music from DJ Khary Alexander of Dub Academy. Guests will be able to tour the studios and newly added retail spaces in all of the Canopy buildings.
Whew! I told you I had a lot going on! 



To top it all off I'm shooting a wedding which I've also been preparing for. I've been playing around with my DSLR and ordered a new backup battery and even purchased a really cool new tripod. It's going to be a busy week indeed. It'll be great though to see my old friends and catch up with them and their lives. I'm really looking forward to seeing my sister Taryn whom I am very close to and miss dearly. I'll be staying with her and her new Husbear Brian. I can't wait to kick back and share stories with her. I do miss Ohio especially in the Springtime... sigh.




Did I mention that I finally got to meet Dus of Cuddly Cacti and her sweet Husbear Jonny? The Mister and I had so much fun showing them around town. We saw Mount. Bonnell... which in all the years living in Austin haven't ventured to. Then we followed it up by having a bite to eat at Guero's 
(one of my favorite restaurants). They are the most delightful couple to chat and hang out with. There will definitely be pictures to follow....



I was supposed to go paddle boarding with my bestie Christopher on Memorial day but I woke up with a bit of a headache and canceled.... which was for the best because it ended up raining cats and dogs. It's nice to stay indoors sometimes and wear your "jammies" all day. The weather has been crazy humid the past week in Austin which has made it hard to do anything outdoors. I started jogging again... which is something I haven't done in years. Not by choice but because I was sick and couldn't. I love it... and hate it somedays too. Lol.


The important point is that I'm doing it and getting "out there" again. After I lost that first 10lbs my body came to a halt if you will but now that I'm running my body is in a little bit of a shock and I've started to loose a few more. Yay! It would be nice to lose 10 more pounds but I'd be okay if I stayed were I'm at right now. As long as I'm working out daily and am eating right I'm happy. It feels good to be healthy again... after losing 3 whole years of my life due to illness I'm finally getting some control back. 


I know that was a lot to read and take in... sorry. I just have so much going on in my life right now. Business wise and personally speaking. I have only covered just a portion of what is to come. I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and now it's time to get back to the "daily grind".

xoxo

Blouse: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Forver 21
Sunnies: Target
Wedges: Target
Lipstick: Revlon "Love that Red"