Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Austin Flea

Hi there! This past weekend the Mister and I ventured out to ABGB for Austin Flea. It was pretty hot in Austin on this particular Saturday... it's starting to get to be that time of year when the temperature shoots through the roof and it starts to get unbearable. Luckly ABGB brews their own beer! I've never been to ABGB but it was pretty fun.... I have to say. Did I mention the fact that they have ice cold beer? I inititally wanted to go to see "Honey Punch" a very fun band that I've become quite fond of. I was also tickled to see some old friendly faces. Ashley of inviting letterpress boutique was in attendance. We were booth neighbors a few Flea's ago. I just adore her cards and stationary. 




"Blerg"
- Liz Lemon


I just attended Pop Shop Houston and saw Evelina Nappier there selling her bags and quilts. Evelina designs and sews custom bags and quilts for her shop "all with love". I got to know her daughter Tiffany at last years Austin Craft Riot (ACR) Summer Show.



I just love these burlap bags!


I was delighted to see Natalie of "Ornamental Things". I just couldn't walk by her booth without checking out her merchandise and purchasing a sweet little compass. I seriously can't get enough of her jewelry... all her stuff is awesome and did I mention she's super sweet too?




Meet Jenson of "Carvin Marvin: Custon Stamps & Stationary". I met Jenson during the Christmas Flea.... we were booth neighbors and she had brought her new adopted sweet as can be puppy Clemintine. I just love Jenson's stationary. I even have a little "Rx" card framed and sitting on my shelf in our bathroom. I thought it was only appropriate since people usually store there Rx prescriptions in the medicine cabnet. Lol.




Last but not least is "Honey Punch". These girls are too adorable and have lovely voices to match. I caught the last song just in time to snap some images. Aren't they just too cute? Here's their link so you can join in and listen here. My favorite is "Goody Goody".





Gretchen Du Pre - Vocals, Ukulele, Banjolele, Mandolin. Alicia Wennstrom - Vocals, Ukulele. 
Virginia Jackson - Vocals, Ukulele, Tiny piano, Accordion. Michelle Soto - Guitar, Ukulele. 
Virginia Luff - Double Bass. 
xoxo