Friday, May 23, 2014

tutti frutti


TGIF! Am I right? I'm super excited about this weekend! I have some awesome news about my growing business "Nothing but a Pigeon" that is still under wraps.... and I'm finally going to meet Dus of Cuddly Cacti! Life is good. I'm wearing the cutest little Strawberry top borrowed from Sammi of The Soubrette Brunette. See how Sammi styled it here.


I'm really into fruit patterns right now! It seems fitting. Ya know.... since it's almost Summer and all. There's nothing like fresh fruit on a hot Summer day. Speaking of hot.... I was literally melting during this shoot. It's getting super hot in Austin and I can't wait till the pools open on Memorial Day! It's not like I can't escape the heat in other ways.... I do live in a city that is built around a HUGE river so it's always easy to find a place to cool off. Barton Springs is an old favorite... and then there is always tubing along the Guadalupe which I'm certainly planning on doing this Summer! 


As you can see in the background our little "Backyard Garden" has really taken off! We've gotten a small crop already from the tomato plants and the squash (which we ate last night). It was delicious! I even found a few black berries that I plucked and ate right away before the birds could get to them. We have a ton of Inca Doves in our backyard. They are super adorable and small but manage to get to our berries before we do on occasion.


I'm in the middle of an "awkward" grow out phase with my bangs right now. I had a hairdresser cut them so they could grow out (to the side) a little more gracefully but every now and then the wind catches them "just so"... and ruins everything. Ha ha... I'm so dramatic!


I'm sporting a classic red nail polish a lot these days... you can't go wrong with a bright red. I'm slowly adding what I feel are "classic pieces"to my wardrobe here and there and the color red is definitely one of them. (Hence the red cardigan I've been wearing a bunch) Ooooo! I also just bought the cutest red, white and blue sailboat dress from Ruche a few days ago! I can't wait for it to arrive! Squeeee!


Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! 

xoxo

Shirt: Forever 21 borrowed from Sammi of The Soubrette Brunette
Skinnies: Forever 21
Cardigan: Target
Wedges: Target