Monday, August 25, 2014

Boom Clap



Happy Monday! I'm back wearing another borrowed dress (if you can even call it that... it's so short) from Marisa of The Shades of Monet Chronicles. I just love Marisa's style so I'm naturally drawn to all her fabulous little pieces. I say "little" because the last two (including this one) I tried on are super tiny and short. That didn't stop me from wearing it as a dress though.... my best asset are my legs so the shorter the better I always say.


Of course you know I had to rock some knee highs. I chose black to match the bow and then everything else just came together. I'm seriously loving these new black platforms I purchased from Target. They make my legs look super long and are surprisingly not that hard to walk in.


This weekend was the best! We actually intended to be headed outta town to Port Aransas, Texas but then our plans fell through so we had a "staycation" instead. We worked on the house making improvements here and there all weekend. I finally got around to hanging all the artwork that I have been saving from trades (with fellow artists) from various shows over the last year and the Mister installed some sun shades and accent curtains to our screened in porch making it much nicer to sit outside and now we have more privacy. It looks amazing, unfortunately it took a lot of work on his part and two trips back and forth to IKEA. Ha! It was worth it though because it looks and feels like a little oasis out there now. 


Slowly our little Modern house is coming together. I just love our home so much... we really have changed and transformed it little by little over the course of five years or so making it into "our own." It's taken awhile but it's our pride and joy and is such a relaxing environment to come home to.


Gah.... I just have so much fun playing dress up in other people's clothes! Especially little doll baby dresses, I just adore them and they always seem to look pretty darn good on me. 



The Mister bought this little clutch for me years ago from one of my favorite local boutiques SoLa. I totally forgot that I even owned it until I rediscovered it again the other day in my closet 
(which is completely packed right now). I forgot how much I loved it... I really do need to get in my closet and re-arrange things so I can actually get to some much missed items.


Swish! The Husbear instructed me to do a "hair toss" and this was the outcome. Cute huh?


Thanks for stopping by my little bloggy! Feel free to leave a comment... I just love to read and respond back to them. Here's to another week and the end of August. I can't wait to see what fun things September holds for me. Later kittens!

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Marisa
Knee socks: Target
Platforms: Target
Clutch: Sola
Earrings: Claire's
Sunnies: Target
Lipstick: Wet & Wild