Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Shazzbots


The Shazzbots are an Ohio based cool and quirky music group for young children featuring Captain Captain, Scopes, Luna Stardust, Watts Watson, Professor Swiss Vanderburton and Space Chicken! 



I was recently introduced to The Shazzbots by my old buddy Joel Jackson, Designer and Illustrator of 
2 Headed Monster Comics whom happens to be the illustrator for their animated crew as well! They have a fabulous Kickstarter Campaign for their show that raised a total of $23,467 with a goal of 20,000. Isn't that amazing!!! I love my fellow local artists and actually attended art school with Joel a billion years ago. I wanted to help out but being a small business owner myself and also "trying to live the dream" that left me with little to nothing to pledge. Joel came up with the awesome idea of me crocheting a mounted carrot piece for their band room set. I was so delighted that I could actually help out in some way, shape or form. These are the lovely illustration's that Joel e-mailed to me. Above you'll see the set for the Shazzbots and below is a close up of the mounted carrot. 


So with this illustrated carrot that Joel came up which I in turn came up with this
 little crocheted fellow below. I even had the shield plaque on hand so it all worked out perfectly. We decided to keep the plaque a dark cherry stain instead of spray painting in red... which I think looked quite swell. 


I was so glad to get involved with The Shazzbots and to help an old art buddy out. I always make it a point to help out my fellow local artists when I can and this worked out well for both of us! Now whenever I watch the Shazzbots I'll get a little smile on my face knowing that my carrot will be hanging in their band room set. Ya'll gotta check out The Shazzbots Facebook  page as well as my very talented friend Joel's website behance.net and 2 Headed Monster Comics.

xoxo