Monday, August 11, 2014

Hot child in the city...


Oh my word! Hi there everyone. My weekend was fantastic... I had so much fun n' the sun with the Mister. We spent practically all day Saturday out and about. First we visited with our in laws and our little nephew Ben for his 5th Birthday Party at Little Stacy Park and then headed over to Barton Springs (my all time favorite watering hole). It actually turned out to be quite perfect. It also happened to be free because they had their Grand re-opening after they re-did the whole landscape. We spent a lot of time in the water and then laid out in the sun and read our books. I haven't enjoyed relaxing so much as I did on this day. It was glorious. 


The Mister and I have also been doing a lot of "prep work" for the upcoming Austin Craft Riot (ACR) Summer Show. I can't believe it's in one week! Matt made some very clever wooden easels out of some old reclaimed wood that we found. We (Jodi and I) have a smaller booth this year so the idea is to try build up as much as possible. I'm also hoping to be able to display more of a variety of my crochet taxidermy this year. Weeeeee!


Let's talk about this outfit shall we? I've had this pale pink blouse sitting in my closet forever and only have touched it a few times. I was eager to try out some new things with it. I decided to pair it with this poufy black skirt I scored at my favorite local thrift store and it worked out quite well I think. I bought these fun little lacy fingerless gloves a while back from Claire's to try out and I have to admit I feel a little bit more edgy and reckless wearing them. Lol!


I'm all for spicing up an old tired outfit. I really wish I had a huge statement necklace to go under my collar. I do love this outfit though... It's nice being able to fit into my old clothing again. Of course my outfit wouldn't be complete with out my lipstick and huge round Sunglasses.


This picture cracks me up... I have major "bitch face" going on in this one. It's really funny to me because I was trying to look all swank and cool but apparently when I try to look cool 
I just end up looking pissed off. 
I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I'm so looking forward to seeing every one's smiling faces this coming weekend at the ACR show. It's gonna be fun! I'll be posting more throughout the week about the upcoming show and some of my favorite spots to go hiking, and chill out at in and around Austin... followed up with some very cool Instagram photos! Yay!

See you later kittens!

xoxo

Blouse: Target
Skirt: Jennifer Lopez Thrifted
Shoes: Target
Sunnies: Target
Fingerless gloves: Claire's