Monday, August 4, 2014

Creamsicle...


Hi kittens! I just loved this little vintage number that I borrowed from the lovely Hannah of 
The Braided Bandit so much that I had to share this post here on my bloggy as well as on 


I have to admit... I love the color of this vintage dress so much because it reminds me of a Creamsicle (hence the title of the post). I decided to pair it with this cobalt blue cardigan and scarf to add some contrasting color to the look which I think worked out pretty swell... don't ya think?


Of course my retro sixties vibe wouldn't be complete without knee socks. Gotta love them!


I wish I would have opted for my black wedges instead of these tired old yellow ones, but you can't win them all now can you? Ha!


The BIG hair is back and I'm pretty keen on these little pig tails I'm wearing.


I'm obsessed with this light pink frosted lipstick that I bought from Target... it's Wet & Wild. It's actually highly pigmented (which is nice) and was all but a few dollars. I've also mastered the art of faux eyelashes. Practice indeed does make perfect.


This weekend was pretty productive. I got a lot of crocheting done and started to mount and price all my pieces for the upcoming Austin Craft Riot Show. I swear, packing all my work into boxes and writing down my inventory list feels so rewarding!! I've been working hard and hopefully all my work will pay off. Literally, this lady needs some money! Ha! I also applied for The Cherrywood Art Fair (which is a BIG show). I can check that off my list too now. Whew! Friday I had lunch with an old work colleague which was fun. We chatted and got caught up on the last ten months that we hadn't seen each other. My BFF Christopher came over Friday after work as well and we enjoyed the shockingly cool weather (mid 90's) for August. We then ventured to Pedernales on Sunday for a group hike followed by swimming with our mutual buddy Philip. More on that later. It was a glorious weekend indeed!! 


What did everyone else get into this weekend? 
Any adventures? I'd love to hear about them all. I just love reading all your sweet comments... they brighten my day and bring a smile to my face.

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Hannah
Cardigan: Thrifted
Scarf: Thrifted
Earrings: Old Navy
Socks: Target
Shoes: Kohl's
Lipstick: Target (Wet & Wild)