Thursday, August 28, 2014

Concrete jungle...


 Yay... it's almost the weekend! This week has kicked my ass in more ways than one. It seems like the last two weeks actually have been especially rough on me as a matter of fact. I'm trying not to let certain things get me down in my personal life and in the small business world but I feel like I'm getting hit left and right by all sorts of obstacles and challenges. I'm trying not to feel defeated but sometimes it's just so hard...


I don't want to get too much in depth about my personal woes because well... they're personal and I don't like to air my dirty laundry online (social media makes it too easy). Plus it's outta respect as well.
I have however been feeling uneasy about certain situations and decisions I have made recently. 
I just have to keep reminding myself that I came to these decisions based on what was best for me, my health and for my future. I'm slowly learning that I can't control other peoples reactions... that I can only control my own. Sometimes it's hard because I want to express how I feel (verbally) but then I have to take a step back and tell myself that it's just not worth the effort nor the pain and stress of it all. I feel that it's best in certain situations to just walk away.


I've also been getting a lot of rejection in the small business world lately... sheesh! It's bumming me out  because I work so damn hard to try to get my name out there either by making cold calls, e-mailing stores and people about possible opportunities but it's just one rejection after another. At least I can say I'm trying though.... it's better than not doing anything at all. I think it's just hitting me extra hard because of all the other situations that are occurring in my personal life right now. It's like the cherry on top of the cake. 


Let's take a brief moment to appreciate my new shoes.... 


Let me change the subject to a lighter topic... how bout this amazing dress borrowed from 
Hannah of The Braided Bandit. Meow!!!! I never ever wear animal prints but I loved the shape of this dress so much and I'm also trying to do new things so I thought "why the hell not?" It looks pretty good eh? The color is awesome and it fit so well. 


I've been styling my clothes just a tad more edgy than I used to in the past... I actually love the way I've been dressing lately. I've been rockin' the heck outta some little baby doll dresses. I actually feel good about myself for once in my life (self esteem issues) and I feel like it's transcending to other areas of my life as well. I've just got to stay positive and believe in myself and focus on the solid relationships that I have in my life. I have an awesome husband and very supportive sister and a BFF that has proven to be there for me through thick and thin and I am so grateful for all them. As far as my business goes... the only thing I can do is just keep trying. I'm never going to give up on my dreams.


xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Hannah
Sunnies: Target
Chain necklace: Forever 21
Rings: Forever 21
Earrings: Old Navy
Knee Socks: Target
Shoes: Target
Lipstick: Wet & Wild