Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Beach blossoms...


Hiya! I'm back at the Beach (not really).
 I just took a little break from posting vacation pictures... but I'm back at it... mixing it up with this very yellow dress from Forever 21. I had no idea that these beautiful yellow flowers would be in full bloom when we arrived at our friend's little Beach Bungalow. It was meant to be I suppose... what a perfect pairing no?


I was sweating bullets during this photo shoot... lol. This dress is actually sleeveless but I wasn't feelin' it... so I threw on this cobalt blue cardi that just so happened to match my head scarf. This is me trying to look cool. It was literally impossible to do anything with my fine, straight hair in the humidity... so up she went. I've come to learn that it's just easier to throw my hair up while frolicking at the beach. The wind is "off the hook" and it just always becomes a tangled mess.... so why not just save the time and energy ya know?


I'm obsessed with white knee socks right now... I know right? I think it brings a little bit of a fun sixties vibe. I could be totally wrong.... I mean maybe it looks ridiculous. I do get a lot of nasty looks when I wear them. Sheesh. I walked into an ice cream store (with the Mister) and this old lady almost flew out of her chair when she looked at me. Her jaw literally dropped and she actually pointed at me. I was like.... "rude much!" Either she thought I was cool as all hell or she thought it was completely inappropriate for a 33 year old women to be wearing knee socks in the middle of Summer. I guess it's closer to Fall... but you see where I'm going with this right? Whatever... I likes what I likes.


Me waiting patiently while Matt takes my picture. 


I can't wait to rock this mustard colored dress during the Fall! This  happens to be one of my favorite colors and it's gonna look swell paired with some neutral tones. I've got some ideas in mind already! Weeeeee! I hope everyones week is going by fast.... I live for the weekends. I got some awesome plans on how to spend mine and it involves The Mister, our new firepit and some smores. Heyyyyo! What are some fun Fall traditions that you all enjoy? I'd love to hear all about them.

xoxo

Dress: Forever 21
Cardigan: Thrifted
Knee Socks: Target
Scarf: Thrifted
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Old Navy