Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rainy day wearing vintage....


Here it is in all it's glory.... the whole "rainy day wearing vintage" post. I just had to share it with all my fellow bloggers over here on Nothing but a Pigeon. This dress is too adorable... don't ya think? I borrowed this sweet little frock from Katie of Butterfly loves Snapdragons. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear this awesome vintage find..... as you all know my love for little vintage dresses runs deep.


I also couldn't wait to show off my new white rimmed glasses I purchased from Mod Cloth! I adore them because they give off that mod sixties vibe that I love oh so much.


It's been unusually wet in Austin the past week. The sun has finally made it's way back out but we had a few good down pours before that happened. Now it's a whole lot cooler here in east Austin and it almost feels like Fall.... almost. Rain couldn't stop me from taking a few pictures, I even got to break out my polka dot umbrella... which I never get to use here.


I love it when it rains... the sound, the smell. We even got to see a few rainbows after the clouds cleared. There's something so magical about the rain. We really needed it here in Austin... we've been in a drought for the last seven years or so. Anything we can get really helps. It's also nice to get a break from watering the garden as well.


Of course my outfit wouldn't be complete without my white knee socks. I'm obsessed with knee socks if you couldn't tell. I wear them with everything... I might need an intervention one of these days.


I'm so glad that it's the middle of the work week. The Mister and I have had a lot on our plates lately. I have an unusual amount of orders I have to fill (which is good... don't get me wrong) and Matt has been working overtime at The Firm to get projects completed and out. We also had a little house guest this last weekend.... Lapu. Lapu is our friends and neighbors from up the streets Yorkie. He is tiny, sweet and seriously adorable. It was a lot of fun to watch him. You can check out how cute he is for yourself on my Instagram feed here. We are also in the middle of re-organizing The Studio in our backyard to make it more functional for my little crochet business... which by the way is blowing up. There is exciting things in the works going on right now. I also managed to get my little crochet critters into two new and very awesome stores. We are 1976 in Dallas and Wee, located here in Austin. Yay! This weekend will be full of assembling Ikea shelves and tables for our Studio. I can't wait to get everything situated.... more on that later. Hope everyone is having a great week. 

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Katie
Cardigan: Target
Knee Socks: Target
Shoes: Macy's
Sunnies: Mod Cloth
Earrings: Claire's